Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is thisgolf 2.0GT FSI?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cyrus wrote:
    2.0 T GT FSI? 2004

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f...ar&carID=448080

fastest before the gti, import? would it have std suspension etc or be more like the gti?

Looks like a Sportline model with lots of extras and the 2.0 T FSi petrol engine which is also found in the new Passat. The alloys look similar the the GTi. It is a detuned version of the GTi engine afaik. A very rare model in Ireland.

I think the 2.0 FSi is going to be replaced by the new 1.4 TSi GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Rare car my ar*e!

Some fool has stuck 17" GTi alloys on it and it's a 2.0 FSI non turbo with the sportline kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

they say 170bhp? would it not be a detuned turbo?

Big Balls wrote:
    Rare car my ar*e!

Some fool has stuck 17" GTi alloys on it and it's a 2.0 FSI non turbo with the sportline kit.

The same car is also advertised as a 2.0 FSi Sportline:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=452151

I would think a 2.0 petrol Sportline Golf is a rare car in Ireland considering the silly money it must have cost when new.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

was just wondering really, its not my cup of tea, just looked odd :)

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote:
    they say 170bhp? would it not be a detuned turbo?

Incidently the Passat has a 2.0 FSi non turbo with 150bhp and a 2.0 FSi turbo with 200bhp from the Golf GTi.

Maybe the 170bhp is a detuned version or has a smaller turbo than the GTi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Lads, trust me, it's some idiot who has had it remapped or something (but I dunno how a NA engine could increase in bhp so much).

You can get a 2.0 sportline without it being a turbo.

I'm not even sure the 2.0T is available in the normal Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

bazz26 wrote:
    Incidently the Passat has a 2.0 FSi non turbo with 150bhp and a 2.0 FSi turbo with 200bhp from the Golf GTi.

Maybe the 170bhp is a detuned version or has a smaller turbo than the GTi?

The 170bhp 2.0TFSI is from the A6. It was de-tuned from 200 to 170 because the 2.4 has 177, so whay have a car that's cheaper to buy and cheaper to tax with more power. The 2.4 is nicer though

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

Squirrel wrote:
    The 170bhp 2.0TFSI is from the A6. It was de-tuned from 200 to 170 because the 2.4 has 177,

Thats true but that engine didnt come out in the A6 until late 2005,and the 2.0T FSi in the GTi didnt come out until 2005 either. That Golf is a 2004 so the ad has a mistake or else its a tuned version of the 2.0 FSi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

SGKM wrote:
    Thats true but that engine didnt come out in the A6 until late 2005,and the 2.0T FSi in the GTi didnt come out until 2005 either. That Golf is a 2004 so the ad has a mistake or else its a tuned version of the 2.0 FSi.

Sorry, I meant to say I know that engine is used in the A6 and I wasn't sure if it was in anything else so I assumed it was from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

thats a makey up job! The real GT is been released here very soon and its a 1.4T 168bhp petrol or a 2.0T 168bhp diesel. Reckon thats a modified non turbo 2.0 fsi engine (150bhp) although cant imagine where he got the alleged 20 extra bhp from a non turbo!

Advertisement