Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody read this book?

Options
  • 03-08-2006 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I read about about 20 years ago and I wonder if anybody here can help me identify it.

It was set in the future, but it wasn´t really futuristic with space travel etc.

It was set in the Uk and society had been transformed into different strata, professionals were "ests", working class were something else and there was also an elite.

The book started out at a secondary school where the boys were doing their exams and they would sing "I´ll be an est for ests are best, right down to their sodden wooly vests".

One of the guys got perfect marks on all his exams and he was invited to join the elite strata. He had to go through a tea ceremony to do this, with green tea I think?

Does anybody know the title and/or the author?

I´ve tried googling and Amazon to no avail and any help is appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement