Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

healthy fast food in dublin city center

Options
  • 03-08-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

personally i love creps, i'm asuming they're healthy, if you don't load em with fatty stuff.

something between €5 - €7, that's tasty.

i've gone to nude, but i find their stuff bland, and overpriced.

so anyone else know any other healthy fast food joints in town?

*not mcdonlads or burger king*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have you tried the food hall on abbey/liffey st?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

No because there's no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Simple.

Cornucopia on Wicklow Street, just off Grafton Street.
    It's vegan, cafateria style and not too expensive (not Mc Donalds cheap but their costs are higher). Salads & hot meals available as well as deserts and juices.

I go there alot and find it excellent in general.

http://www.vegdining.com/GetRest.cfm?rk=IRE-DUBL-CORNU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

O'Briens sandwich bars? They're just about everywhere, the ones I know of are Liffey Street, Mary Street, O'Connell Street and Merchants Arch, Templebar..though there's loads more, you won't have to look too hard.

They do sandwiches/toasted sandwiches, wraps, salads..smoothies etc. Though it's a bit expensive, cheaper to take it away than eat in the place.

Or Subway? There's one on the quays, also one in Crown Alley, Templebar. Much cheaper than O'Briens..Sub of the Day is €2.89.

Crepes...little place in Templebar, also Crwon Alley, but on the left side. They do meal ones, as well as lemon-sugar ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

If you love crepes you have to go here: LemonBest crepes in town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

crepes..like pancakes...?

Femmy wrote:
    crepes..like pancakes...?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Kiera wrote:
    If you love crepes you have to go here: LemonBest crepes in town!
    pah! down with lemon. www.halfmoon.ie crepes are way better :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well they are hardly that healthy so..dont they have to be fried or something to cook them...Wraps or something would be healthier..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

ok so I wouldnt call it healthy healthy but its not the worst - vegetarian kebab in zaytoon? Wagamamas off stephens green is healthy and quick and although it will cost you a tenner for a main course instead of the 7 its worth it - great kids menu instead of bringing em to mcdonalds and costs the same as a happy meal!or the bagel factory yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Govinda's (Augnier (after capitol bar) & Abbey (beside easons) Street) is great for a veg. feed. It's canteen food, so not very fancy, but the small plate is cheap (6/7 euro) and very filling. It's a Krishna run place, so I'm sure it's healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Dublin doesn't have it. Tis quite annoying, not that I'm a health freak but don't fancy KFC type stuff for lunch.

I hadn't been to nude for 2 years. Went back other day. It's crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Subway?

rob1891 wrote:
    pah! down with lemon. www.halfmoon.ie crepes are way better :-P
    Lies!!!

Lemon make savoury pancakes YUMMY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Irlrobins is rite the epicurian food hall on abbey street caters for all food types and is fairly reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I concur although its sometime extremely hard to get a seat.

Emerson wrote:
    Simple.

Cornucopia on Wicklow Street, just off Grafton Street.
    It's vegan, cafateria style and not too expensive (not Mc Donalds cheap but their costs are higher). Salads & hot meals available as well as deserts and juices.

I go there alot and find it excellent in general.

http://www.vegdining.com/GetRest.cfm?rk=IRE-DUBL-CORNU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Degsy wrote:
    No because there's no such thing.
    Huh?! When did it close down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Wagamama's just across from the Gaeity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

frobisher wrote:
    Huh?! When did it close down?

Nah,i didnt post in time..i meant to say there's no such thing as helathy fast food.I may have been hasty though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

eo980 wrote:
    Subway?
    But they're not really healthy unless you buy the <6g of fat (6-inch) subs on non-white bread rolls with no sauces.

All that said though, at least twice a week, i still manage to buy the footlong steak n' cheese, on honey-oat bread, topped with all the salads + bbq sauce. Not healthy at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 homogay

pancakes are rank, thanks.

Isn't healthy fast food an oxymoron?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Don't think so. You could get healthy stir frys which only take a couple of minutes.

Healthy junk food would be more of an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 homogay

buying an apple only takes a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Regarding O'Briens/Subway/sandwich bars in general, I'd be more concerned about the bread than the fillings. Watch out for high levels of transfats & sodium.

Wrapido's mmm!!

*\leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Southern Man

I too love crepes and have just found a creperie thats the real deal. The name of the joint escapes me but its at the corner of Camden St & Kevin St right next door ro the Corner Stone Pub.
    Its run by two French girls and the crepes are spot on. On the savoury front there are three categories roughly trasnlating to simple, superior and exquisite (€4-€8 approx). Fillings are fresh and very tasty. On the sweet front how about chocolate and banana.... Great coffee and nice atmos too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

Cup of water in McDonalds and a book - ye can't get healthier than that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

Cafe Fresh on the 2nd floor of the Powerscourt townhouse centre is a great place to go for the healthy option. It's vegetarian and also caters for vegans, coeliacs, diabetics etc. They are really creative with their menu and the portions are really big.

Advertisement