Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN using Netopia/Eircom

• 03-08-2006 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have a VPN set up from 3 clients sites to his head office server.

One of the VPNs keep dropping in a strange way. The connection stays active, but after a period of time when I try to browse my head office server in explorer (say \\server\share) it asks me for the guest password.

But.... if I explore to the server just after i start the connection it works fine, and if I leave this window open and minimised , the connection stays up.

It looks like a timeout setting somewhere on the router, but I cant find it. I did find a timeout setting somewhere on it, but its set to 3600 seconds (60 mins), but my connection drops much quicker than this.

The DSL is Eircom's €29.99 basic package (not the per minute one) and the router is a new model Netopia (its silver, is connected by LAN and its web interface is the same as the old blue netopias)

Any ideas??

Advertisement