Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Dreams

Options
  • 03-08-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I lost a friend to suicide 5 months ago and he was in trouble with drugs before he died. I keep having dreams that I am him running from people who are chasing him and going through feelings of fear and anxiety in the dream.

Is this his way of contacting me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I don't think anyone can tell you that for sure. More likely it is your own memories and saddness of loosing a friend that is playing on your mind.

Five months is not a very long time ago, and what we try not to think about during the day often has a way of getting into our dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Goodshape has a clear point.

I believe it may just be your subconscious mind trying to make sense of something so awful. Trying to help you make peace with your loss. I am sure that in your waking hours you wonder if you couldn't have done something - some twist of fate to turn the tables. And your subconscious is probably trying to figure that angle as well as the real angle of how things went, to ease your pain.

Sorry for your loss BTW. That is never easy.
    A friend of mine recently witnessed another friend die in a stupid Auto repair accident. (Car shifted into gear while fixing it and crushed the repairman.) My friend has had many a nasty dream since then himself.

I hope you find the peace you seek!

Hugs to you,

L4L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Read someplace that dreams can sometimes assist us in coping with difficult situations in our lives. Then again, they can also be a source of trouble, too, like night terrors. This suggests to me that dreaming is complex phenomena.

Advertisement