Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on two cars

Options
  • 03-08-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

Help!

I am thinking of getting a second car (it's a rare car, but not yet a classic as it's a '88 car) and I'm trying to get insurance quotes before I buy.

The problem is that my present insurance gave my a very high quote, and said that I couldn't get credit for the no claims bonus on my own policy, on the new policy.

Other insurance companies I rang said that they weren't interested as I have zero no claims bonus that I can use.

So, the question is, is there any insurance companies that would be interested in insurning a second car with zero no claims bonus?

Also, am I correct in assuming that, if I get the second policy and the two no claims bonuses, and if I have an accident, both no claims bonuses are effected?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What's the car? AXA might take it on a classic policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Anan1 wrote:
    What's the car? AXA might take it on a classic policy.

A Citroen AX GT, but that may explain the stupid quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd try AXA, they may give you a limited mileage classic policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

ianobrien wrote:

Also, am I correct in assuming that, if I get the second policy and the two no claims bonuses, and if I have an accident, both no claims bonuses are effected?

No, the second policy would remain claim free.

Changing to a different insurer with it would be problematic as they usually ask if you have had any claims in the previous 5 years as well as requesting the NCB cert.

Advertisement