Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oooh, new Marty Friedman track!

• 03-08-2006 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Go here and you can listen to the song "Elixer" from his new album Loudspeaker. Despite some worrying exploits as of late, it sounds pretty good.

Steve Vai, John Petrucci and Billy Sheehan, aswell as others are guests on the new album too. Could be deadly. ;)

While looking at Marty's Myspace page, it's worth giving the songs Saturation Point and Rio a listen to. Classic Friendman tbh. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Was it Marty Friedman or Jason Becker that got really sick?? I remember hearing about it ages ago, some really bad debilitating disease that meant he couldn't play anymore (must be Becker now that I think of it, duh!), I remember thinking 'isn't that the worst thing to happen someone so talented not to be able to play again?', its almost like torture.:(
    Must check out that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, that was Becker. He got Lou Gehrig's Disease, which is **** beyond words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

he's still making musc though!

Yep. I saw that alright, pretty incredible... here's his website if anyone wants a look, pretty amazing stuff... but still, not being able to actually play must be sooooooooo hard for him.
    http://www.jasonbecker.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I would imagine not being able to move or breathe is harder on him tbh

• Advertisement

I get your point... what I mean really is that for a lot of people with terminal or debilitating illnesses there is some solace in that fact that they might at least be able to escape/take refuge in activities that they love and enjoy.

Advertisement