Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Memorabilia Auction

• 03-08-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

There's an article in todays metro (page 3....oooh errr!) about a huge ST memorabilia auction that's going to take place in Christies in October.

"Never has a collection of this scope and depth come to the auction market - nor will it ever again"

It's a pain in the bottom for me to scan stuff, but if there's enough interest I might get my finger out. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I saw some of the suff they have up for it when I was at Comic-Con, really nice gear spanning pretty much all the eras of Trek. Prices to match though.

I think I have some photos at home, I'll take a look tonight. Some of the stuff I remember being there were uniforms, an unpainted model Romulan Warbird from Next-Gen, phasers and two bottles of Chateau Picard "vintage" winebottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

two bottles of Chateau Picard "vintage" winebottles.

Did ya catch the price?

No prices have been set as of yet. But the Chateau Picard was only mentioned in a deleted scene from Star Trek: Nemesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Chateau Picard was only mentioned in a deleted scene from Star Trek: Nemesis.

Are the last two episodes of the last series of TNG not set on the Picard vineyard? I'm pretty sure there are a good few mentions of it throughout the series though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yeah, the Picard vineyards are an ongoing thing, I think. I remember Picards brother popping up at one point too...in a vineyard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Yeah, the Picard vineyards are an ongoing thing, I think. I remember Picards brother popping up at one point too...in a vineyard...

Family first episode of season 4 One of the best episode in star trek tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i thought it was the 2nd episode of season 4? the 1st episode of that season was best of both worlds part II was it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I remember a bottle of chateau picard being mentioned in either First Contact or Insurrection as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

User45701 wrote:
    i thought it was the 2nd episode of season 4? the 1st episode of that season was best of both worlds part II was it not?

Oh ya thats right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Right, turns out I only had the two photos after all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you can preview some of the stuff at

http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/

and clicking on the galaxy of highlights link which gives you examples of some of the stuff in the catalogue and guide prices

seriously thinking of bidding for one or two things particularly:

the caretakers array used in the voyager pilot guide: $2-3000

brent spiners uniform in nemesis guide: $2-3000

the enterprise b model thats been used as a few different ships in 3 films and 4 episodes of TNG guide: $3-5000 (a bit out of my price range so have been trying to get 1 or 2 fellow nerds to add to the kitty to bid on this one)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Right, turns out I only had the two photos after all.

WOW data's really bulked up :) LOL

Advertisement