Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting mp3's as ringtones on the Sharp 550 SH

• 03-08-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Picked up the Sharp 550 SH for my little sister, handy little phone for the price I have to admit but i cant seem to get an mp3 as a ringtone,
    Banged a couple of tunes onto the memory card, put it in the phone, then went to set the ringtone. When I flick across to the memory card option as I try to set the ringtone, the list of mp3's come up but it will not let me select an mp3 as a ringtone. Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know that model of phone well, but see does this make any sense to you:

To set mp3 as ringtones, you have to fool the phone. you have to download a drm mp3 ringtone from wap or have one sent to you via bluetooth. save it and name it lets say "ringtone". now make your own mp3 and make sure you custom make to increase volume with golwave or whatever. now save the mp3 you made and name it "ringtone1" save it in the ringtones folder and copy it over to your phone. now set the drm ringtone as a ringtone. then rename the drm ringtone to "ringtone1" and change your custom mp3 to "ringtone". you switch the names so that the phone will be fooled and only look for the mp3 thats named "ringtone" thus using any mp3 you like.

the japanese have been doing this since the first sharp phones came out. they are very clever.

Taken from: http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/728648-1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Cheers spurious!
    Ill try it when i get home

Advertisement