Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Longfield wrote:
    In future - get single males in their 30's as tenants!!, a lot less hastle all round ;) (imho)

Erm....not sure about that. A friend bought a house and the last "single males in their 30's" left behind his bail notice for 600 euros . . . also the last two evictions I saw were "single males in their 30's" - one was thrown out for throwing a huge party, smashing in his door and the door of another flat, his pals also tried to break into some of the other flats (including mine) - and the second guys was the filthiest, stinkiest person ever, the landlord had to literally gut the place after he evicted him.

All tenants are potential tenants from hell, only way to avoid is to either only rent to people over 40 who have all their marbles, continental tenants (more used to renting) or people who can give you previous landlord and work references. Rent allowance, unfortunately, can go either way, but in my experience, all the evictions I've seen were RA tenants.

If it were me I'd buy a barrell for the lock, give her what she wants and get her out for the sake of piece of mind, and change the lock immediately. Learn from the experience and next time ask for work and landlords references, register with PTRB straight away and give the tenant a lease.

In my experience if you give less than the required legal notice you forfeit the deposit. However because some landlords do pocket it as extra profit a lot of tenants will not pay the last months rent if they have reason to believe the landlord will see it as extra profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Hey don't be mad. You got the situation sorted out without any serious expense to yourself and without making any more hassle than you needed to. And you've learned something. Good weekend's work I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement