Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you like to see in the next GTA game?

• 03-08-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

I remember talking about this with some friends before San Andreas came out, and pretty much everything we wanted, ended up being in the finished version, like the ability to swim, and parachutes.

So, what would you like to see in the next GTA game?

One thing, which I think would be sweet, would be for part of the map to be a ski resort, with snowmobiles, skis, snowboards etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Apparently its meant to be set in London according to www.gta4.net but that isn't official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

For Rockstar to take a look at Boiling Point and implement properly some of their game ideas.

Mar shampla:

Enter all buildings, ability to get drunk/stoned and have some missions take place while under the influence.
    Addictiveness has to be kept in check or it will make some missions a bitch to do :)

Full HaVok ragdoll support, better driving model, more weapons or allow modifications to weapons.

Thats all off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Properly crowded streets, heavier traffic, things that stay the way you left them even if you turn your back for a minute, destructable buildings, more fluid gang dynamics, a restart mission option, online modes, proper physics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Oh i'm liking the snow idea, I'd like to see other forms of transport mainly animal based like the good old horse or perhaps even a horse and cart.

Maybe a bigger city too, it was nice to be able to cruise for miles in SA oh and more accessible buildings. Basically just more a more realistic city.

indeed yeah that would be good :) never played Boiling Points though
    about more realism GTA is meant to be larger than life thats what makes it so funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 vidpic

Vehicle modification, i'd really love to mod the engine and parts. not just the exterior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Id like to see gang based multiplayer. Where you could be the driver, the shooter, the dealer, the cop, the undercover operative, the gun smuggler, the reporter, the sniper, the explosives expert,the terrorist, the boss etc..

Obviously all consoles it is released on will have xbox-live type interfaces (by the time PS3 comes out).

Each gang would have its own part of the city constantly under threat by undercover cops, cops, territorial pissings etc. Property prices would go up or down depending on the crime rate...

It would also be good if you could design your own decals for your clan/gang/whatever. Id be in the "A - Team"! And it would be fantastic if you could design your own maps to be added to the growing multiplayer community in future development.

Alas, i do not see multiplayer being implemented in this game...

In the single player i'd like to see the freedom to do a lot more, i.e. you cant ever finish 100% of the game!! Not in rpg style, but near enough!!

London, i think would be a put - off for me. I'd prefer New York or LA.

And the graphics engine, you cant forget that, ragdoll physics as mentioned earlier would be lovely, as would HDR, user configurable models, wrap your own face jpeg/png in the external model editor!!!

Climbing would be a nice feature, the wall doesnt have to be the same height as you can jump to reach the top of the obstacle!!

Hitpoints on the body models would be good also, blow off a leg and the body crawls around in agony!!

I dunno, i had more ideas than that..

Jakkass wrote:
    indeed yeah that would be good :) never played Boiling Points though
    about more realism GTA is meant to be larger than life thats what makes it so funny!

Well by realism I mean, going inside buildings, breakable glass, more people/cars etc. Realism to imporve gameplay not detract form it. (Like the eating in SA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm not sure if there has been more weather options. I know there was misty, rain and that but I would love some snow, icy roads (not that it happens in Miami very much) but still :D It would make the chases more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

More/longer radio stations... more missions... non-linear plot... branching depending on what missions you do and the outcome of them (eg. you fail a mission, the person you're protecting gets killed, mission gone... game continues on a different path as a result)
    Something to make you want to play it through multiple times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

a fecking map hotkey:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Decent graphics would be nice.

indeed they have been using the GTA3 graphics engine since it was released with slight modifications each time. main.scm calls the events to the games and the handling files etc. They are apparently changing the engine for the next release.

Edit:
    tman wrote:
    a fecking map hotkey
    You will be happy at MTA: SA Deathmatch's latest progress so check out their frontpage, transparent map on button press :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

kaimera wrote:
    Full HaVok ragdoll support, better driving model, more weapons or allow modifications to weapons.

there may be ragdoll but it wont be of the havok style since rockstar are building their own custom engine (see it in action, albeit in a very limited fashion in xbox360's "table tennis")...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The Gnome wrote:
    Maybe a bigger city too, it was nice to be able to cruise for miles in SA oh and more accessible buildings. Basically just more a more realistic city.

The big areas in SA were crap. Most of it was just empty space that served no purpose other than allowing the game designers to boast of how it was "X times larger than Vice City." It was a pain in the arse to have to drive for 10 minutes to get to a mission spot, drive a further 10 minutes to the place you have to go to and then fail and have to go through all that rig-a-ma-roll again. Vice City was a bit small but it was better than having sprawling masses of green fields and neverending roads.

I'd love the ability to carry more than one heavy weapon like GTA 3 had, Vice City did away with it and I think SA did too, although I'm not entirely sure.

grimloch wrote:
    The big areas in SA were crap. Most of it was just empty space that served no purpose other than allowing the game designers to boast of how it was "X times larger than Vice City." It was a pain in the arse to have to drive for 10 minutes to get to a mission spot, drive a further 10 minutes to the place you have to go to and then fail and have to go through all that rig-a-ma-roll again. Vice City was a bit small but it was better than having sprawling masses of green fields and neverending roads.

Thats why I said a bigger city, while it was nice to have some open space it did, as you said, get increasingly annoying driving over empty space etc. Thats why I'd like a bigger more detailed city to play with. It would make the journey more interesting and afford the opportunity to be distracted by some shiny new thing you haven't noticed before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

More mountains !
    I wasnt a big fan of SA really but there was nothing more fun than having a six star criminal rating and a wild chase up/down the mountainside.

As previously mentioned
    - more crowded streets
    - ability to enter more buildings
    - more available vehicles, anything that can be used in real life from a kids toy scooter to an apache helicopter yours for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The Gnome wrote:
    Thats why I said a bigger city, while it was nice to have some open space it did, as you said, get increasingly annoying driving over empty space etc. Thats why I'd like a bigger more detailed city to play with. It would make the journey more interesting and afford the opportunity to be distracted by some shiny new thing you haven't noticed before.

My apologies then in that case. When you said "cruise for miles" I assumed you meant the driving about that I described.

Meh, I kinda liked the whole empty planes thing... sometimes anyway... gave me a feeling of getting away from it all :D
    Just take a chopper, stick on the hillbilly radio station and hit the highway.
    I just wished they'd used those areas a bit more.

Well lets tell ya what i'm hoping for:
    - The engine update that we were looking for
    - More graphics detail bringing GTA back up to the average
    - More radio, more fun and more comedy
    - Missions, fresh storyline
    - New bigger better location with more gameplay to be had out of it
    (thats pushing a very hard bargain)
    - More variety of vehicles
    - Being able to buy booze at the pub
    - Car dealers being able to buy cars as well as robbing them :)
    - The original (hard to fly) dodo back in the game, as it was so satisfying being able to fly it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

destructable enviroments and stuff, like you fly a plane into a building and you go back after being in the hospital you see it with crimescene **** and it being rebuilt and that kinda crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Children and animals(stray dogs cats etc) - may seem sick but itd be a lot more realistic than a whole city poulated by adults.

Geomodding - i.e. the ability to blow holes in just about anything as used in red faction.

The ability to blow limbs off as used in soldier of fortune

Also most importantly of all to get rid of the health bar and go back to the 100 health 100 armour thing, i think the health bar killed SA totally for me, it was far too easy to die quickly if you get me(not that i sucked at the game i just lost patience) i mean it may have been more realistic but not as fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i kinda liked the big empty areas, maybe if they threw in some small towns and made the empty areas more geographically interesting with mountains, forests, rock plains etc. with corresponding missions going on there too. Maybe a nice big highway with little motel stops along the way.

A good multiplayer would be nice too, even a MMOG feature, it would be well doable with today's hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Patricide wrote:
    Also most importantly of all to get rid of the health bar and go back to the 100 health 100 armour thing, i think the health bar killed SA totally for me, it was far too easy to die quickly if you get me(not that i sucked at the game i just lost patience) i mean it may have been more realistic but not as fun.
    eh?
    the health bar was just a visual representation of 0%-100% health... don't get how it could affect the game for you:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

tman wrote:
    eh?
    the health bar was just a visual representation of 0%-100% health... don't get how it could affect the game for you:confused:

I think I know where he's coming from with this one, I too didnt really like the health bar, I thought that it was that bit harder to actually assess your health levels, at least with the 100 Health and Armour system you could see exactly where your health was.

Example in case -
    GTA VC - Health is flashing on 2, I think "whoa cant take any minor falls hit by cars and certainly cant take another shot, better find some health"

GTA SA - Health bar has a bit left, I think "WTF ? Ah sure ill be grand, cant take any more bullets though, ill go find some health" and then I take a minor fall and bang, i'm dead. Although in another situation you could have the same amount of health and take a shot in the back while running for health and still survive.

in San Andreas the more you progressed with fitness and all the more your health bar was in single player, was a welcome feature I thought

Jakkass wrote:
    Well lets tell ya what i'm hoping for:
    - The engine update that we were looking for
    - More graphics detail bringing GTA back up to the average
    - More radio, more fun and more comedy

no engine update, they've spent the time between SA's release and now to build a whole new custom engine. they're clever boys over at rockstar so i'd expect it to be good

the graphics will be better, the engine is used in table tennis, which looks great

and there will be a lot more radio (including more downloadable radio content apparently) according to lazlow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Don't know if this is in GTA:SA but when you fall or get punched etc. it affects your health only and not your armour, just a bit more realistic imho.

And on the whole realism vibe if you're involved in a head-on collision you actually get hurt, again health-only. Maybe that's taking it a bit too far though.

yeah thats in GTA:SA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

hot air balloons:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Patricide wrote:
    Children and animals(stray dogs cats etc)

That's a big no. Even the liberal sandal-wearing censors at the Irish Film Censor’s Office would have to take grave notice of any such content (same would go for the UK, and more so for other parts of the world).

There's a GTA board???

just added :) and yeah I think children and animals would cause some countries to ban it. As Australia did after the Hot Coffee mod even

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I guessed, and that is was I was hinting at. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Jakkass wrote:
    just added :) and yeah I think children and animals would cause some countries to ban it. As Australia did after the Hot Coffee mod even

Jeez its fecked up, whats the difference??? A life is a life, be it babies, pensioners or whatever.

Ha imagine a housewife wheelin around her baby in GTA. :eek::eek:
    I would pick her up and take her to the nearest creché, then take her to her secratary job and go home and save game after a long day..

Whatcha think i would do? Something evil? Ye sick bastíds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Patricide wrote:
    Geomodding - i.e. the ability to blow holes in just about anything as used in red faction.

The ability to blow limbs off as used in soldier of fortune

Ehh..Red Faction's geomodding sucked big ones. It was too damn selective.

I do believe Operation Flashpoint 2 has some solid geomodding and physics to go with it.

ie. able to destroy individual parts on a building etc.

I dunno about the limbs idea...I'm happy with popping heads off with the Deagle, shotgun, heavy rifles and sniper rifle.

I'd rather proper ragdoll effects for deaths over limbs coming off.

• Advertisement

And one I thought of today... I hope they ditch all this frame limiter business... I mean I want max fps, but the physics change somewhat between having it on or off. (most noticable on the driving test in san andreas... the car flips/rolls less with frame limiter off... I have to turn it back on to complete some of them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I had a dream recently that rockstar did a spin off on GTA where you were a cop in the NYPD starting out on the beat then moving tru cruiser/bike/riot cop with dog/swat

it was pretty cool, eating for free in resteraunts, full scale riots, natural disasters getting to breathalyse perps, police brutality...damn i wanna play it now :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

kaimera wrote:
    more weapons or allow modifications to weapons.

Yeah, I like the sound of modding weapons.

e.g
    Getting different ammo for your weapon, armour piercing, explosive round etc.

Also dual functionality weapons - Flamethrower with grenade launch attached (like the rig Ripley had in Aliens)

Add silencer to any weapon ( well almost any weapon in reason, I think you may have trouble with a shotgun or rocket launcher )

AND....

I would like for the cars NOT to spontaniously combust just because they have been turned over.

Bambi wrote:
    I had a dream recently that rockstar did a spin off on GTA where you were a cop in the NYPD starting out on the beat then moving tru cruiser/bike/riot cop with dog/swat

it was pretty cool, eating for free in resteraunts, full scale riots, natural disasters getting to breathalyse perps, police brutality...damn i wanna play it now :eek:

like a good version of true crime

quazzy wrote:
    I would like for the cars NOT to spontaniously combust just because they have been turned over.
    Mmm, and be able to rock them back over onto their wheels... assuming the vehicle is small/light enough.

Another one for me is actually being able to lose the cops with tricky driving or hiding somewhere... in San Andreas it's next to impossible to lose even a two-star rating unless you pay & spray or save the game.
    I'd like a better police AI all round actually... as it is they completely over-react for some things... and under-react for others.
    Shoot me dead because I accidentaly rear ended your police car? pfff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Chuggers.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Mmm, and be able to rock them back over onto their wheels... assuming the vehicle is small/light enough.

Yep, I think thats a good idea.
    Another one for me is actually being able to lose the cops with tricky driving or hiding somewhere... in San Andreas it's next to impossible to lose even a two-star rating unless you pay & spray or save the game.
    I'd like a better police AI all round actually... as it is they completely over-react for some things... and under-react for others.
    Shoot me dead because I accidentaly rear ended your police car? pfff

This too

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but scuba gear would be nice to be able to properly explore underwater.

How about when a vehicle looks like it can take more than two people, then it's actually able to?
    Did a mission in GTA:SA where I had to pick up two guys from the top of a mountainy desert region, so I took a plain that I'd stored from a few hours previous... the feckin thing had at least six seats... I could see them through the windows... yet the game let only two people get in.
    Which is crap aswell if you've recruited a load of gang members and want to drive them somewhere.
    I plan to try out the big jumbo you can get (from the huge hanger), and see how many gang members I can get on it... if I can't fit a good 7 of them on, then Rockstar need a slap upside da head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

One thing I'd lilke more than anything else is mass garage storage - like in the desert hanger in SA, where you can store a lot of cars rather than just 3/4 - it'd be great fun collecting cars. Other than that not much - proper blowing up buildings and that maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Dogs and cats, they could chase each other and some dogs could chase you, like police dogs!

If not dogs, then just cats, because I just want to run over the little bastards. :D

A properly implemented Hot Coffee function :p

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I'd like to see a lot more things, maybe make it a bit more realistic and a few more songs so you dont get sick of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Just get rid of the food/gym bits, fupping hated that.

When trying to do one of the driving school missions, I once lost FULL muscle, I wnet from maxed out to nothing. didn't eat for a month as i drove around and around and around trying to get a fupping gold medal!

All round better graphics would be welcome, and an enviroment not built for 32 mbs of RAM so cars you're looking for don't disappear when you turn your back

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

A higher limit to the height you can take the planes. I want to be able to do loop the loops with that passenger plane you get in the airport.

A bigger array of planes that can shoot
    More missions where you have to use planes
    More variation to the missions - GTA1 and 2 had great missions, loads of imagination. (GangA are expecting to be picked up for a meeting, go get a bus and pick them all up, then drive into the sea :), GTA:London had a mission where one of the bosses lost a load of cash betting on a soccer team, so you had to drive to the ground, and run over the players :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement