Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shawshank

Options
  • 03-08-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Like I was saying in the other thread, can anyone remember the ending of the Stephen King short story - Rita Hayworth (??) and the Shawshank Redemption?
    I seem to remember that Andy was guilty in the book, as the gun was found buried under the tree at the end. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

yes he was guilty, but the film ended with him living the happy life sorting ou his boat as he spoke about many a time with his friend red through out the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Heyes wrote:
    yes he was guilty, but the film ended with him living the happy life sorting ou his boat as he spoke about many a time with his friend red through out the film

Spoiler tags ftw (even though I'm sure a lot of people have seen it by now :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

Thx for that, that's what I thought alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is a literature forum by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

Well you can stick it where you like, got the answer now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

literature means books....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah I have a real problem with this stick it in this forum ****. I think those kind of posts are more inflammatory and pointless than direct agression from a poster.
    BAN 'IM!!!!!!!
    Ban 'IM GOOD!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jesus it was actually moved.

Now thats the saddest thing I have seen in a long long while.
    Hours of pointless filing sound like fun to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No Andy was not Guilty and there was no gun found under the tree. Also there is no book on the Shawshank redemption, its a short story and very short at that.

The ending was that he replaced the account book for his bible and legged it with a clean suit and shoes. He then used the account book to empty all the banks the money was in and sent the books to a newspaper firm. After that legged it to Mexico.

Red after being let out on Parole realises that hes going to go suicidal until he sees the mark from a previous con in the room that had also committed suicide. He then went out and searched for the tree that had the cash for him to make it to Mexico.

Brillant movie. Short story is good too but too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

Novella also explains why Morgan Freeman's character was called Red

• Advertisement
Advertisement