Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WinHelp Authoring Tools

• 03-08-2006 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking for a good WinHelp authoring tool of which there are many it seems.

I'll be honest, i'm looking for a free one but i dont want to go testing loads of them. Is anyone familiar with any of them. I just want to be able to create a new Help File and add to it on an ongoing basis. It would be good to have the normal tree menu structure, and if i could insert images into the content pages.

Any info here would be great,
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its been so long since I looked that I couldn't possibly recommend anything, but I do feel you should be warned that the current WinHelp system is going to be off by default in Vista. It will still remain an optional component, but you should also look into writing your help for the new system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Its been so long since I looked that I couldn't possibly recommend anything, but I do feel you should be warned that the current WinHelp system is going to be off by default in Vista. It will still remain an optional component, but you should also look into writing your help for the new system.

Thats bummer aint it !?!

Actually, on hearing that i might just avoid it altogether. Are there any programmes that would be similar, menu system and navigate that to get the content. I suppose like HTML frames, with out the hassle. I knew of one programme called notekeeper but it has been discontinued.

Advertisement