Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing xbox hard drive

Options
  • 03-08-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i've been meaning to to this for ages. will any ide drive work? gimme the low down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

wild_eyed wrote:
    i've been meaning to to this for ages. will any ide drive work? gimme the low down.

Any ide hard drive will work, are you a LIVE user though? if you use live you need a "lockable" hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

i've never used live, but i only recently gor broadband and would like to play some fps online but i'd rather use the free XLink Kai or somthing similiar, i was think about outting an 80gig drive in, can you point in the direct of a very cheap shop that will supply me, since im not using live it's not necessary to have a "lockable" hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Right, well xlink kai is cool so your sorted there. :) But you cant just pop a hard drive in, you have to have a mod chip, or a means of softmodding the hard drive to get it to work on the xbox, once its installed, you can then play backups, and transfer entire games to the hdd, and play from there.

80GB IDE

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

thats a check on everything except the new hard drive, i ftp games to my 4gig xbox drive buts it's not enough to fit one or maybe two small xbox games on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

you can get a samsung 250 gb hdd here http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VVaAEd2PMI5t6/1/articledetail.jsp?aid=5136&agid=21
    for about 85 euro incl. del.i have two xbox myself,one with a 400gb hdd and one with a 250 gb hdd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement