Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband & Existing Customers

• 03-08-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

I just ordered NTL broadband for the folks. When I ordered it for myself after Xmas I got loads of discounts such as free basic TV for 12 months and free digitial for 6 months.

But because my dad is an existing customer with digital they said that they dont offer any discounts!!

Did any other existing customers manage to get a discount off them??

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well I did, but I think that was because they didn't actually have my name on the account, just the number of the house, so when I ordered BB, they had to create a new account and therefore I got basic TV free for 12 months. You were very lucky in getting the digital TV for free, I hadn't heard of that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

branners69 wrote:
    I just ordered NTL broadband for the folks. When I ordered it for myself after Xmas I got loads of discounts such as free basic TV for 12 months and free digitial for 6 months.

But because my dad is an existing customer with digital they said that they dont offer any discounts!!

Did any other existing customers manage to get a discount off them??
    The NTL website says that you should at least get the first 3 months of broadband for free. A non-TV customer might not take up the broadband package if they have to pay a total of 55-60/month and all they want is the broadband, so it makes sense to give them the telly for free until they're hooked. But your dad is already paying for the TV, so he's not facing a new outlay of TV+Broadband, so the 3 months free broadband should be enough of a sweetner.

Advertisement