Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going collecting my car this evening

Options
  • 03-08-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I bought it privately. I already have the vehicle licensing certificate and the vehicle registration certificate.

What other stuff do I need to get off the seller?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Just make sure all books are with the car, especially the service history & service invoices if available. Make sure you get all the keys and alarm fobs also, particularly the red one if it's a FIAT or Alfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You shouldn't have the certs - you're supposed to sign them, the seller signs them, and the seller sends them off.

Make sure the seller has them signed!!!

Good luck with the new car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Fey! wrote:
    You shouldn't have the certs - you're supposed to sign them, the seller signs them, and the seller sends them off.

Make sure the seller has them signed!!!

Good luck with the new car!

Really? I just got the certs for security when I gave my deposit.

What certs do I need to get signed and what do I need to keep?
    Who are they supposed to send them to then?
    Do I get a new cert in the post then or what?

Would I not be better getting the seller to sign them and then sending it off myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

The change of ownership is on the back of the cert, fill it out with the seller and post to Dept of Environment in Shannon and you will receive a new cert with the car in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Happy Motoring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Got it at 7 this evening. Everything is sorted and I signed the form at the sellers home. There going to send it on.

Thanks.

Advertisement