Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic stairs/ladder

Options
  • 03-08-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of getting an attic stairs/ladder installed. i was wondering if anyone could recommend someone who does this work on the northside of Dublin.
    Also, can anyone recommend a particular type. It won't be getting much work as the attic will only be for storage.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the-lad wrote:
    Hi
    I am thinking of getting an attic stairs/ladder installed. i was wondering if anyone could recommend someone who does this work on the northside of Dublin.
    Also, can anyone recommend a particular type. It won't be getting much work as the attic will only be for storage.
    thanks
    If its only for torage, a folding stairs/ladder like Stira would be fine.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I notice some houses have cheaper clones of the Stira, though generally I think the Stira is the better made of them.

Some houses have a pull down aluminium ladder which seems well dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

www.stira.ie

Worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

www.stira.ie

Worth the extra money.
    2nd that...I have one installed about 6-7 yrs and I use the attic only for storage and the Stira stairs is bomb proof. I've seen those aluminium ones and they are not worth it. They don't look safe.

You don't want to take risks going up & down to your attic especially if the need arises to put something large up there. I store a lot of work related stuff in my attic and use the stairs regularly and it is as good as it was the 1st day.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

Agree with the comments about Stira. I got one in recently and it was money well spent (€450, I think). The installation was quick (1 hr) and very neat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As soon as I hear Stira, all I think of is the Late Late show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Got a Stira years ago - cost around £200, best value for money home improvement ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

delly wrote:
    As soon as I hear Stira, all I think of is the Late Late show.

They've dined out on that for a long time - 20 years? They've still got it on all their blurb :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I'd recommend the 'Access', only about €130. Or the EXACT same ladder branded 'Fakro' is about €150. They are very easy to install, so shouldn't cost much to get someone to do it. Only disadvantage to them is they Haven't been seen on the Late Late Show :D

Advertisement