Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos Better? Snakebite or Celestial Ring?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

Baldy guy witha beard... anytime i saw him, it was in Zulu... I just thought the people i was talking to in celestial ring were very rude

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not to lend fuel to the flames here, but I would always have considered Celestial Ring *and* Snakebite, though Snakebite to a lesser extent, to be piercing parlours that tattooed on the side. I know I'm wrong there, but such is my impression, and as such, I probably wouldn't get tattooed in either place, though I've seen a good bit of very nice work, especially from Snakebite. I'd rather stick to getting pierced there, and on that front Snakebite wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

As we are talking about Celestial Ring, im gonna put my 2 cents in...

When i was pricing my tattoo in different studios i headed over to Celestial Ring and the guy there (not naming names) literally laughed in my face when i showed him what i wanted,:mad: i didnt think that was very professional, anyhow, when i was telling him what i wanted he started singing to some song on the radio and his eyes were all red and bloodshot which looked to me like he was after doing some hash.

Anyhow, i walked out of there very disappointed, so i went to Zulu and Paul there was so lovely, he gave me a price for it and booked me in with Sean who was very helpful and have gone back to since.

Can't see why the guy would have thought there was anything to laugh at in that tattoo though..... maybe a) he WAS stoned or B) you took him up wrong? If that is who I think it is, he's one of the desk jockeys there, rather than one of the artists.... check out the link to the picture in the last post to the modblog thread started by el rabitos on page 13 of this forum - is it one of these guys? All the artists there are lovely, some maybe a little gruffer than others, but can't see any of them reacting like that to a fairly normal request. Paul from Zulu has been doing a few days there for the past while - you're right, he is sound (but not bald, just grey-haired)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

As we are talking about Celestial Ring, im gonna put my 2 cents in...

When i was pricing my tattoo in different studios i headed over to Celestial Ring and the guy there (not naming names) literally laughed in my face when i showed him what i wanted,:mad: i didnt think that was very professional, anyhow, when i was telling him what i wanted he started singing to some song on the radio and his eyes were all red and bloodshot which looked to me like he was after doing some hash.

You should have complained. It's a service industry job, and if you felt like you had been sassed by desk staff, or that they were high, you could have dropped a mail to their higher-ups, just as fast as made this post. I just hope they read this.

I know you probably weren't bothered, but if its worth bad-mouthing the studio online, it's worth giving them a chance to rectify it...

ps, on the CR or Snakebite thing...why not do both? I've lovely work from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Havin a vast amount of knowledge from both studios here's my opinion.

Celestial Ring: I know most of the guys who work in Celestial and I have to say it's 50/50 with them. Some of them are assholes. I'm not going naming ANY names... But a certain receptionist who thinks he's great cos he works there is prob no.1 on that list! Tattooists wise. mark and Phil are darlings. They're soooo nice and they really make you feel comfortable when you're getting work done. Debbie, who has left apparently, was really nice. I didn't like her much at first, but when ya got to know her a little she was real sweet. Her work was amazing. Her own designs were soooo good. Piercer wise I cannot say a bad word against any of them. mark's my angel and I love him to bits! he does pretty much all of my work and he's just a damn sound guy. Ian, if ya ever get to see him, is really good. Real calm like. Keith is deadly. I've never had work done by him, but I have had to see him for jewellery changes and the like. He's always been real nice. Celestial in itself isn't half bad. There's much worse places you could go. Just the few people who work there that I haven't mentioned give the place a bad rep.

Snakebite: These guys are amazing. They're so organised. So clean and just so damn good! Rob's an absolute genius. I honestly couldn't put a word wrong about them. One thing I will say is this. The other day I went in askin about gettin a corset done for a photoshoot. Rob was pretty blunt and a little rude with me. I didn't like that at all. I think they could of been a little friendlier. But that's just my opinion. Standards wise Snakebite is well above all the rest. Defo.

In saying that, Celestial is still my favourite. Mainly cos I'm friends with a few of the people there.... There ya go, loves! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I feel these Vs threads are pretty pointless and never result in anything constructive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Same here, people just get annoyed at each other and there is no <3 shared! :(

13_adi_13 wrote:
    Can't see why the guy would have thought there was anything to laugh at in that tattoo though..... maybe a) he WAS stoned or B) you took him up wrong? If that is who I think it is, he's one of the desk jockeys there, rather than one of the artists.... check out the link to the picture in the last post to the modblog thread started by el rabitos on page 13 of this forum - is it one of these guys? All the artists there are lovely, some maybe a little gruffer than others, but can't see any of them reacting like that to a fairly normal request. Paul from Zulu has been doing a few days there for the past while - you're right, he is sound (but not bald, just grey-haired)!

Ill definitly have a look at that link, (i just dont have the time tonight) I really didnt know Paul was doing a few days there, oh god... i have very bad observational skills dont i... blad headed/grey haired... i feel stupid lol.
    hot2def wrote:
    You should have complained. It's a service industry job, and if you felt like you had been sassed by desk staff, or that they were high, you could have dropped a mail to their higher-ups, just as fast as made this post. I just hope they read this.

I know you probably weren't bothered, but if its worth bad-mouthing the studio online, it's worth giving them a chance to rectify it...

Ill definitly complain to someone about it.. but any ideas who?

Which one of them laughed at you? Was it the guy in the middle from that pic? Cos he's a ****in wagon if ever I saw/met one. Do ya want a number you can complain to cos I can get ya celestial's head office number.... My sister did work there with them.... And yeah..... They're usually off their faces on something or other.... Certain one of them in particular.

Is the one in the middle foreign? I couldn't place his accent and thought he was a bit of a knob. Kept talking about pills and whatnot, asking a customer to bring him some over after work which I found unprofessional as hell. The guy who pierced me was a tosser as well, I don't know his name. I had a pretty bad experience there really, felt quite uncomfortable. One of them was mocking me for no reason so I totally believe he mocked the tattoo design. Shame because the last time I went to CR I had a great experience. I will be going to Snakebite in future.

• Advertisement

Which one of them laughed at you? Was it the guy in the middle from that pic? Cos he's a ****in wagon if ever I saw/met one. Do ya want a number you can complain to cos I can get ya celestial's head office number.... My sister did work there with them.... And yeah..... They're usually off their faces on something or other.... Certain one of them in particular.

i still have to look at the link, yeah i would love the number or an e-mail address, to complain. This guy was definitly on something, you could tell by his eyes.

Just after looking at the link, it was the guy in the middle that laughed at my design. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Ill definitly complain to someone about it.. but any ideas who?

mail@celestialring.com

Thank you

Ian never looks at that email....If you ring celestial in the green and ask for Adrian. She'll prob not be there but just leave your name and number with them and say it's an urgent message. Or even ask for her number? They'd have it. She basically owns celestial. That's defo your best bet. They guy who laughed is Sean Griffin. He's a knob.

As for the guy who pierced ya hun, was he american? That's Patric.... And if it was the guy with the undershave and black hair, bridge piercing, thats mark. More than likely caught him on a bad bad day.

No, he was Irish, he did have a bridge piercing, and I think cheek piercings as well. Probably was Mark. He wasn't in a bad mood, I just found him too sarcastic and that. Saying that, he did take a long time explaining the piercing and aftercare so I wouldn't call him unprofessional (like the guy at the desk!) Who is the girl who works there with the short blond hair that does tattoos? Looks Dutch or Swedish or something. They seem to have a lot of staff there, every time I go it seems to be different people.

They're basically screwing staff out of it at the mo. I even got offered a job at one point... Irish with cheek piercings... Musta been mark. He can be real sarcastic, but I love him!

There's a sweedish girl? It's not mercedes is it? Ooooh. I think that's debbie yer talkin bout. She's left to go to arklow as far as I know

Need that number to make a complaint? Here's Celestial HQ'S Number...:

Lemme know how that works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hmmmm....we have had issues with character assasination before, we dont need it again :( leave it up to Howard Poor Stud to handle

Explain.

• Advertisement

nah not gonna complain, I just won't be choosing it over Snakebite again. Which one is Mercedes? Dark hair in dreadlocks and really stretched lobes? If so she was on reception when I got pierced last year. I wish they'd update their website with the current staff info. The prices were well out of date as well which was a bit annoying. The website said 20 EUR, and I ended up paying 30 EUR PLUS jewellery. If I'd known it was that much I would have gone elsewhere.

Only reason celestial is so expensive these days is cos they got sued cos trevor tattooed a 13yr old without askin for ID which, sean decided to blame my sister... Even though she has nothing to DO with the tattoo section of the shop. Retard. :(

Anyways, that girl would of been Francheska. She was weird. She just up and left one day. No one heard from her again!! Ha, mentaller!

Mark wouldn't of pierced ya if it was that long ago... Reckon it musta been Ian. Even though Ian's lovely. Real shy sometimes, from what I gather about him.

Just found out recently. Celestial in the Green'll be under new management soon. Expect friendlier staff. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Only reason celestial is so expensive these days is cos they got sued cos trevor tattooed a 13yr old without askin for ID

Stoned staff, scorin pills behind the counter......oh yeah and I'm a dickhead with issues possibly being paid by some imaginary paymaster (who knows where?).

Cop the **** on deskjockeys, I have an opinion of the studio which is just being reinforced with every post that turns up here. I'm just someone with a few tattoos and a few piercings. My first opinion of CR in the green was when they pierced my underage brother.....it surprised me more than a little, but didn't bother me. The piercing was badly done and migrated very fast, patience is a virtue boys and girls.

I suggest I'm not the one with the issues.

Fair enough. The place has built a bit of a rep, I can see that. But that's down to the one or two guys who work behind the counter. It is the receptionists responsibility to check the age of customers. All I can say is, expect a much higher standard of customer service soon. ;) There's a good man in charge now... ALl'llllll be sorted. Just you wait and see ma dearies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Stoned staff, scorin pills behind the counter......oh yeah and I'm a dickhead with issues possibly being paid by some imaginary paymaster (who knows where?).

Cop the **** on deskjockeys, I have an opinion of the studio which is just being reinforced with every post that turns up here. I'm just someone with a few tattoos and a few piercings. My first opinion of CR in the green was when they pierced my underage brother.....it surprised me more than a little, but didn't bother me. The piercing was badly done and migrated very fast, patience is a virtue boys and girls.

I suggest I'm not the one with the issues.
    I am very new to all of this but i think people should be careful of libal i had some stuff done in C R and never had any problems but i think to name people on this site from any shop is not right as its someones livelyhood and it would only take someone with a grudge to smear a persons name .Blub2k4 as a moderator should you not know better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

duckegg wrote:
    Blub2k4 as a moderator should you not know better

This aint my board, I'm a mod in food/drink.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    This aint my board, I'm a mod in food/drink.
    sorry about that, i did say i was new
    i have had work done by different guys in differants shops and countries i did not go by word of mouth but checked out the shops etc mostly found a good bunch of guys but would hate to see anyones rep screwed here regardless, it could be easyly done for all the wrong reasons i just think as we do not use our real names we should afford the same right to people who work in the various shops in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I wasn't gonna get drawn into this but a mate of mine just got a calvin and hobbes armband done in CR. nicely done bar one thing on hobbes the guy doing it mixed up a custom colour to the exact shade as the comic book, but then on the one hobbes my friend couldn't see getting done the guy ran out of the custom colour so just used a generac orange which looks completely **** also the guy left out some of the detail on one of the hobbes and when asked if he could put it in my friends was told "sorry i haven't got the time too"

• Advertisement

I wasn't gonna get drawn into this but a mate of mine just got a calvin and hobbes armband done in CR. nicely done bar one thing on hobbes the guy doing it mixed up a custom colour to the exact shade as the comic book, but then on the one hobbes my friend couldn't see getting done the guy ran out of the custom colour so just used a generac orange which looks completely **** also the guy left out some of the detail on one of the hobbes and when asked if he could put it in my friends was told "sorry i haven't got the time too"
    dont get me wrong i would never defend bad work its just i could post someones name here and say he butchered me regardless if it was true or not and it would be here for all to see i could be an ex of either a guy/girl working in the trade and destroy their rep, name the shops by all means but i personaly not use someones full name on the site i think it should be banned or if you are going to use someones full name when you do why dont you then have the balls to post your own[ real ]full name name so that it can either be suported or refuted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement