Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos Better? Snakebite or Celestial Ring?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Similarly then, should people not post or comment on what they think is good? Since this too is only opinion, and for all we know posters could be building up an undeserved positive reputation for artists.

No discussion of bad work, no discussion of good. This board might as well not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

Similarly then, should people not post or comment on what they think is good? Since this too is only opinion, and for all we know posters could be building up an undeserved positive reputation for artists.

No discussion of bad work, no discussion of good. This board might as well not exist.
    i am sorry i am not to good at making a point i mean there is no need to name the person in full

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Why not? if someone is a crap artist i think its fair to be able to warn people about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

duckegg wrote:
    dont get me wrong i would never defend bad work its just i could post someones name here and say he butchered me regardless if it was true or not and it would be here for all to see i could be an ex of either a guy/girl working in the trade and destroy their rep, name the shops by all means but i personaly not use someones full name on the site i think it should be banned or if you are going to use someones full name when you do why dont you then have the balls to post your own[ real ]full name name so that it can either be suported or refuted.

Like you say, you're new here.

You could also be one of the desk jockies that felt foolish after defending the studio and went off and changed your name to duckegg, (as in 0 posts, very clever) or maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, I'm not normally into naming names, I don't think it's particularly a good idea, in this case I'd think differently.

I didn't start this thread, for all we know it may have been started by someone from either of the shops with the intention of damaging reputations.

As long as people are allowed to comment and it's not against the charter, that's the way it's done here.

Hey I even went to lengths recently to stop what was a direct attempt at assasinating a shops rep by someone who was acting the bollox, I didn't know any work from the shop, but my point was that it should be allowed to stand and discussed on it's own merits and not the worst photo that the guy could find on badtattoos.com.
    CR possibly doesn't have the rep it want's, that's not the fault of anyone here though it's the fault of whoever manages it, I believe the manager has changed recently so maybe that's a good thing, who knows.

Why not? if someone is a crap artist i think its fair to be able to warn people about them
    Look this is the last time i will bring it up i know artists who over the years have had a falling out with other artists and could very well come on here and bad mouth them and no one would be the wiser it is very easy to destroy someone from the safety of your user name i would challange anyone if you have the truth on various artists and shops and you choose to make that info public put your name to it and dont hide behind a user name plus if you know about drugs being sold or taken in these shops ring the Garda i certainly dont want to be tattooed by someone strung out on drugs or be infected by unclean people or equipment...
    TATTOOS ARE FOR LIFE AND I WOULD LIKE A LONG LIFE.
    So the last word i will say is get off the pot or piss ...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

People post all kinds of things on boards, for all kinds of reasons, not only about tattoos. Sometimes personal issues that they need advice on, but don't want the possibility of people they know in real life finding out every single thing about them. I certainly wouldn't give my real name on boards, purely because it's no-one else's business.

Duplicate usernames are not allowed, therefore you can't set up an account for yourself to use specifically for the purpose of giving an opinion on a studio or artist.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Like you say, you're new here.

You could also be one of the desk jockies that felt foolish after defending the studio and went off and changed your name to duckegg, (as in 0 posts, very clever) or maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, I'm not normally into naming names, I don't think it's particularly a good idea, in this case I'd think differently.

I didn't start this thread, for all we know it may have been started by someone from either of the shops with the intention of damaging reputations.

As long as people are allowed to comment and it's not against the charter, that's the way it's done here.

Hey I even went to lengths recently to stop what was a direct attempt at assasinating a shops rep by someone who was acting the bollox, I didn't know any work from the shop, but my point was that it should be allowed to stand and discussed on it's own merits and not the worst photo that the guy could find on badtattoos.com.
    CR possibly doesn't have the rep it want's, that's not the fault of anyone here though it's the fault of whoever manages it, I believe the manager has changed recently so maybe that's a good thing, who knows.
    I know i will look like a plonker but whats a desk jockie

People post all kinds of things on boards, for all kinds of reasons, not only about tattoos. Sometimes personal issues that they need advice on, but don't want the possibility of people they know in real life finding out every single thing about them. I certainly wouldn't give my real name on boards, purely because it's no-one else's business.

Duplicate usernames are not allowed, therefore you can't set up an account for yourself to use specifically for the purpose of giving an opinion on a studio or artist.
    ok thanks for that

I see where your coming from but if someone with sfa posts came onto the site and started slating a shop/ artist no one would take heed as it would be kinda obvious. But when people who know what they're talking about and have a good rep for quality posts are saying somewhere is bad or have a low opinion of it makes you think then.

I see where your coming from but if someone with sfa posts came onto the site and started slating a shop/ artist no one would take heed as it would be kinda obvious. But when people who know what they're talking about and have a good rep for quality posts are saying somewhere is bad or have a low opinion of it makes you think then.

Point taken i did not not what to come across as if i was defending a particular shop that was not my intention i was just meaning it would be very easy hurt someone who did not deserve it by spreading some bull**** about them.
    Again i am only knew to this so i will be hoping in and out thanks for the time .
    ps whats sfa posts

• Advertisement

sfa= sweet f**k all, i.e having a very low postcount

sfa= sweet f**k all, i.e having a very low postcount
    oops the likes of me
    brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buddyboy09

i'v had piercings done in both snakebite and CR and honestly i feel that snakebite is better! they were very clear on everything and told me everything i needed to know about my piercing.

CR..well not as good, i was only getting a scaffold done as my friend was too scared to get hers done so i said ill get it done to show her its nothing and i was very unhappy with the service... first of all i wasn't told ANYTHING about it, not how to clean it..NOTHING..then i had some complications with it and when i was in snakebite getting another piercing they told me the person in CR had done the piercing to shallow and that i had to take it out or it was going to be rejected from my ear....€50 down the drain...was very unhappy with it:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

buddyboy09 wrote: »
    i'v had piercings done in both snakebite and CR and honestly i feel that snakebite is better! they were very clear on everything and told me everything i needed to know about my piercing.

CR..well not as good, i was only getting a scaffold done as my friend was too scared to get hers done so i said ill get it done to show her its nothing and i was very unhappy with the service... first of all i wasn't told ANYTHING about it, not how to clean it..NOTHING..then i had some complications with it and when i was in snakebite getting another piercing they told me the person in CR had done the piercing to shallow and that i had to take it out or it was going to be rejected from my ear....€50 down the drain...was very unhappy with it:mad::mad::mad:

Hi there, it's Wildcat Ink (used to be Celestial Ring til feb 07, but same people... :D ) I'm very surprised to hear you say you received no aftercare advice or counselling. our piercers as a matter of course give both oral and written aftercare advice, and if on any occasion this has not happened this is a big issue for Wildcat Ink. Therefore I am SHOCKED at your experience , and would very much appreciate the chance to investigate & rectify any problems in customer care, communication etc. that may have occurred during your piercing. please PM me, email info@wildcat.ie or phone/call in to the studio in question and ask to speak to the manager (Stephen's Green = Aoife, Jervis St = Keith, Ashbourne = Vincent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buddyboy09

I was more annoyed at the fact that it was kinda "in" and "out" when i was getting the piercing... i haven't had any other bad experiences in the shop just that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

Only reason celestial is so expensive these days is cos they got sued cos trevor tattooed a 13yr old without askin for ID which, sean decided to blame my sister... Even though she has nothing to DO with the tattoo section of the shop. Retard. :(

erm - this is complete fantasy dreamt up by whoever it is who has a hard-on for bad-naming my studio and/or Trevor. In fact , if we were of that particular litigious, bitter bent, maybe we should consider suing the author???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Follow 13 adi 13's advice.

If you were unhappy with the service complain to the relevant people and try not drag it onto the internet, especially since judging from your post you didn't even attempt to complain to anyone in wildcat.

Closing this, don't want it turning into a big war of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Also like to point out the thread is almost 3 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement