Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me University Student . . . .soon.....hopefully

Options
  • 03-08-2006 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi people,
    Well I hope to start an Arts course in Cork this September and will be picking German as one of my subjects!I love the language and hope to teach it eventually.Anyway was looking through one of the threads here and he wanted translations for a college exam but what he needed translated seemede like first year in secondary school stuff! Please inform me that I will get a bit of a challenge if I get my course!
    Oh also any German phrases you wish to share with me would be nice.They can be taken from any context.
    Aufweiderschreiben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Mogwa wrote:
    Hi people,
    Well I hope to start an Arts course in Cork this September and will be picking German as one of my subjects!I love the language and hope to teach it eventually.Anyway was looking through one of the threads here and he wanted translations for a college exam but what he needed translated seemede like first year in secondary school stuff! Please inform me that I will get a bit of a challenge if I get my course!
    Oh also any German phrases you wish to share with me would be nice.They can be taken from any context.
    Aufweiderschreiben

ah well. You know when you have a partner and regards other women you can look but not touch. auf Deutsch.

Auf Deutsch sagt man <Gucken ist erlaubt, aber gegessen wird zu Hause>

Literlally "looking is aloud, but it's eaten at home".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

NADA wrote:
    ah well. You know when you have a partner and regards other women you can look but not touch. auf Deutsch.

Auf Deutsch sagt man <Gucken ist erlaubt, aber gegessen wird zu Hause>

Literlally "looking is aloud, but it's eaten at home".

If you're going to help with languages then try to get both of them right.

The word is allowed, as in not forbidden.
    Aloud is when something is not silent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

True! But hey we all make grammar mistakes.

Advertisement