Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luca Toni to England.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would'nt be suprised if he fetched up at Anfield, not sure how I'd feel about it though.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'd say Newcastle are after him but Fiorentina wont let him go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He'll stay in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Newcastle I'd say. I believe they're also in for one of Empoli's strikers. Inter are considering making a bid for Toni too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He's not that great in all fairness, especially at the kind of money it will take to get him. So it'll probably one of the over-spending more money than sense clubs. Newcastle would fit the bill. Their North East neighbours at the Riverside have been known to splash the cash on a donk or two also. It won't be Liverpool. My money is on Newcastle if it's to be any Premiership club. They are so desperate for a striker they'd probably give me a game :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I don't know if last season was a fluke or whatever, but 30+ goals in Serie A is not to be taken lightly. He was average in the World Cup, and average before last season - and he's no spring chicken - but in my books he'd be worth the risk, even for a big club like Man United or Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Newcastle aren't good enough to sign Toni, remember Inter are after him, you think he is going to go to Newcastle? Not a chance.

Liverpool I feel should be in for this guy, he is a big strong target man who knows where the goal is, which isn't something which is easily availible.
    It's a very important option to have in the premiership, Chelsea have it with Drogba, United with Saha, Arsenal don't have it, and it has always been one of their weaknesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

PHB wrote:
    Newcastle aren't good enough to sign Toni, remember Inter are after him, you think he is going to go to Newcastle? Not a chance.

Liverpool I feel should be in for this guy, he is a big strong target man who knows where the goal is, which isn't something which is easily availible.
    It's a very important option to have in the premiership, Chelsea have it with Drogba, United with Saha, Arsenal don't have it, and it has always been one of their weaknesses.

I bet you were saying the same think about Duff :p

Hope he does go to Newcastle, quality striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, Duff is way way way above Newcastle, but Chelsea didn't want to sell him to any potential rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I seriously doubt Toni will come to England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He was average in the World Cup, and average before last season
    Wasn't average before last season:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=14104&cc=5739

Even when he was playing in Serie B with Palermo he was making Italy squads.

Advertisement