Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Gfx card for a Optiplex Gx620

Options
  • 03-08-2006 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using a optiplex Gx620 in work and do alot of multi tasking between different programes so want to set up a dual display with 2 lcd's. The Lcds are not the problem(Room full of them), its the onboard intel gfx with only vga connection. So I need to get a new gfx card for it as I know management will not swing that far for my needs.

I was looking at the 7300Gs at komplett with dual Dvi outs.

What I want to know having not had the time to strip the case apart so far, are all gx280s are pci-ex and will this fit into the small form factor case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

yes all gx280 have a pci-ex slot on them but im not sure if that card will fit r not though as they are a low profile case

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funny you should say that I was coming back to edit the post, seems I have a gx620. Not much info around on the insides of either.I was going to order tonight, but I'm just going to pick up a spare and strip it to see what type or card it can take. I would prefer half height to low profile as the low profile cards on komplett lack their own ram.

right, wheres a Good place to get a half height, low profile, pci-express gfx card with dual monitor output?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Komplett sell an XFX GF6500 with a DVI & VGA out, the card itself comes with a full height bracket but Komplett also sell the low profile bracket that will allow it to work in low profile systems.

8T8 wrote:
    Komplett sell an XFX GF6500 with a DVI & VGA out, the card itself comes with a full height bracket but Komplett also sell the low profile bracket that will allow it to work in low profile systems.

Thanks for the information, but I hate that particlar type of card. mainly the turbo cache. But the bracket seems fairly standard and looks like it would fit the 7300gs low profile cards. I might give that a go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement