Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a GPS that can store history?

Options
  • 03-08-2006 7:47pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

My Dad is looking for a GPS that can keep a record of where he has been, sort of like a digital diary...

Anyone know if there is such a device?

P.s If there is software and a GPS usb device that would also work......

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Route 66 navigate 7 will keep recent places navigated to in its history which is accessed via the "history" folder on the device.

So if you buy any hardware/gps device which can load and use route 66 navigate 7 then youre sorted.

Someone else may know of another software which has history available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Most handheld GPS devices record a track log... This can then be uploaded to your PC. It's usually like a bread-crumb trail, i.e. rather than recording a constant stream of co-ordinates, it'll record a location every few hundreths of a second.

These have finite storage capacity though, so make sure the device you buy has enough memory capacity for the distance he plans on recording. I have a Garmin Quest, and it's more than enough for me.

Advertisement