Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 unlocking sort of sorted

• 03-08-2006 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i was going to post in a current thread but i thought this deserved a new thread.

three don't have the unlock codes for the bb5 nokias (6680, n70, n80, 6280) so instead of giving me the unlock code, they're going to take my 6680 away and provide me with an unlocked phone of my choice.

they can't give me an unlocked 6680 because they can't unlock them so they're going to send me out an unlocked v3x. the whole thing costs €25.

i know this won't suit some people because they want to use their current phones but i only want it to recoup some of the money i spent getting the n70 on upgrade.

on a side note, does anyone want an unlocked v3x? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i wonder if they can unlock lg u8138's, i hope not! might get my hands on something else instead lol

did u do it over the phone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

if you find out the unlock code for the v3x please pm me,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

how much wud u let the v3x go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

how much for the unlocked V3x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cutie18, you're on 3pay right? i don't know if the offer applies to 3pay, i'm on bill

re: the v3x, they're 260 new on the vodafone website so i was thinking of starting about 200 and seeing where it goes from there. i'll be posting it in FS mobiles when i get it so you can give any offers there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bulmers and wba88, there's no buying and selling on this forum. Please do this in the FS Mobiles section when Commander Vimes posts his thread there.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

i was going to post in a current thread but i thought this deserved a new thread.

three don't have the unlock codes for the bb5 nokias (6680, n70, n80, 6280) so instead of giving me the unlock code, they're going to take my 6680 away and provide me with an unlocked phone of my choice.

they can't give me an unlocked 6680 because they can't unlock them so they're going to send me out an unlocked v3x. the whole thing costs €25.

i know this won't suit some people because they want to use their current phones but i only want it to recoup some of the money i spent getting the n70 on upgrade.

i did this too.... got a sony k608i but,, guess wot the replacement phone that they sent out to me is locked!!!

i have to wait another 5 days for a unlock code.... what a pain..
    thank god im no longer a 3 customer,

EIN wrote:
    i did this too.... got a sony k608i but,, guess wot the replacement phone that they sent out to me is locked!!!

i have to wait another 5 days for a unlock code.... what a pain..
    thank god im no longer a 3 customer,

i hate to break it to you but:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51942336&postcount=1320

i suggest you call them and don't get off the phone until they stop lying about being able to unlock it by walking across the room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Three really do have the award for BS:) :):)

I just laugh now as nothing suprises me with them !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

NiSmO wrote:
    you can pick any phone as far as i know. the best is the v3x or possibly the new sony ericssons. i only just saw them there and haven't had a chance to look at them properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

Dellas wrote:
    Three really do have the award for BS:) :):)

I just laugh now as nothing suprises me with them !!!!!
    i phoned up today on an unrelated matter and mentioned that three people made me wait a week each and the fourth person just walked across the room and generated the code.

he said that the guy "must have been one of the technical team" and he didn't know why he would be on the phones. he said that customer care don't have access to that software. i see several things wrong with that:

1. why would a tech be on the phone?

2. if the software is accessible enough that this "tech" can get me a code in 90 seconds, why can't the customer care people get to it?

3. even if we assume that the software is not available to them, which is BS, why would it not be? its obviously on the premises since this "tech" could generate a code in 90 seconds. why would they deny the customer care access to it? why make them send away to motorola so someone at that end can use the same software thats in the next room?

also, about the nokia bb5 handsets (6280,6680,n70,n80). they say that they're "working with nokia on a way to unlock them". basically they're saying its a technical problem that they haven't solved yet. nokia put the bloody lock on and they know how to take it off. i'm getting onto comreg on monday (or is it regtel?) anyone want to join me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

also, about the nokia bb5 handsets (6280,6680,n70,n80). they say that they're "working with nokia on a way to unlock them". basically they're saying its a technical problem that they haven't solved yet. nokia put the bloody lock on and they know how to take it off. i'm getting onto comreg on monday (or is it regtel?) anyone want to join me?

Have never had a problem with Vodafone Ireland unlocking any of our bill pay BB5 phones, the only difference between Vodafone and 3 is their network operator code, so if one operator can get the codes from Nokia, any should be able to.

Perhaps the operator has to pay Nokia for this software and 3 Ireland hasn't or won't do this?

well me thinks 3 asked nokia to put the lock on the fone!

as with a retail n70 6680 etc factory sim unlocked can be used on any network...

so to put the lock on is more work for nokia

EIN wrote:
    well me thinks 3 asked nokia to put the lock on the fone!

as with a retail n70 6680 etc factory sim unlocked can be used on any network...

so to put the lock on is more work for nokia
    we know this. they asked nokia to put the lock on but they insist they don't know how to take it off. i have to clean my shirt every time i call them because of the amount of bull**** that falls on it

update on my situation.
    1. 3 ireland could not unlock my 66680 fone.

2. because they couldnt unlock my 6680 fone they sent me a supposadely unlocked sony fone, the sony fone arrived locked.

3. i spent the last 3/4 weeks waiting for unlock code... and loads of calls into three customer care...

4. called three today to see what the story is with the unlock code for the sony fone and they tell me "sorry we canot unlock that handset.. we cannot find an unlock code for that fone" .... are they taking the ***s or wot...

5. now they are sending me out another nokia 6680... ahhhhh and when it arrives i have to call them with the imei.................
    i give up..,,,,,,............

ein, i had to go through the whole bullsh*t of getting another phone sent out because they told me they couldn't unlock a 6680. if they do unlock it for you, which i doubt they will, could you let me know so i can phone them up and call them lying fcuking scumbags and tell them to shove their contract up their arses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

You know, I would err on the side of niaevity with 3, it costs money to send you out a second phone, if its locked and they cant/wont undo it and insist on sending out another phone... well lets just say, it makes no sence for a company to waste money on shipping like that (unless they have some great deal with a company like UPS). My point is, it would be so much easier for them to just unlock the bloody phones. This alone is why I tend to believe what 3 are telling me... with a pinch of salt.
    I certainly dont believe everything that the reps tell me, they dont know anymore then we do.

You know, I would err on the side of niaevity with 3, it costs money to send you out a second phone, if its locked and they cant/wont undo it and insist on sending out another phone... well lets just say, it makes no sence for a company to waste money on shipping like that (unless they have some great deal with a company like UPS). My point is, it would be so much easier for them to just unlock the bloody phones. This alone is why I tend to believe what 3 are telling me... with a pinch of salt.
    I certainly dont believe everything that the reps tell me, they dont know anymore then we do.
    as soon as they unlock one phone, they have to unlock all of them. this way they have a way of getting rid of phones that are returned either because the customer didn't want them or they went faulty.

nokia have complete blueprints for their phones. they know exactly how they work. they put the lock on at the request of the three network and the idea that they know how to take the lock off for every network except three ireland is ludicrous. and as i said in this post:

three people made me wait a week each for the code for my (now faulty) v3x and then the fourth guy walked across the room and used to software the other three told me they didn't have to generate the code

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If you frequent the forums on the nokia website they regularly tell people that all mobile operators have unlock codes.

im still waiting for the unlock codes for my 6680... long story, got a sony, as replacement, they told me after 3 wks that they coudnt unlock it,,, then they sent me another 6680... still waiting for the 6680 unlock code!

very frustrating, dealing with these people... in 3... thank god im no longer a customer of theirs........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

as soon as they unlock one phone, they have to unlock all of them. this way they have a way of getting rid of phones that are returned either because the customer didn't want them or they went faulty.

nokia have complete blueprints for their phones. they know exactly how they work. they put the lock on at the request of the three network and the idea that they know how to take the lock off for every network except three ireland is ludicrous. and as i said in this post:

three people made me wait a week each for the code for my (now faulty) v3x and then the fourth guy walked across the room and used to software the other three told me they didn't have to generate the code

1. 3 never denied that they can unlock their handsets, they only claim to be unable to unlock Nokia BB5 handsets. While I am not in a rush to get my unlock code as a) I dont have any plans to switch and b) I am still waiting for them to get in the N73, I know that if I go for their replacement phone, I can get the unlock codes, even if they claim to not have them, I will just keep onto them until they give them to me as you did. It isnt an option for me as I want to sell my old handset which is worth far more then any replacement they will send me (unless they send me an N70 :p ).

2. I know, they built them after all and they wrote the software on them too. The Network lock i suspect is not part of the firmware but in a different part of the phone for security reasons. Likewise I suspect they are as tight as a ducks arse when it comes to supplying the unlock software to try and prevent it being leaked like DCT was.

3. I am not biased towards 3 specifically, I had trouble getting phones unlocked with O2 as well, and cousins of mine had awful trouble getting codes from Vodafone. When I went to get my T630 code from O2 they told me it would take a week to get the codes from the manufacturer. I rang back the next week and they still didnt have it, I rang back two weeks later and the rep gave me the code straight away. Granted its not the same problem with 3, but it just goes to show that it is still possible that 3 do genuinely have problems sourcing the codes. Likewise they could be talking out of their arses to shift some old stock. Right now I dont care as I am waiting for my new phone first. If by the end of September which is when 3 told me they should have the N73 and also "we should have the codes by then" then I will get annoyed.

1. 3 never denied that they can unlock their handsets, they only claim to be unable to unlock Nokia BB5 handsets.
    well, EIN there was sent out a 6680 and told to wait for an unlock code so i think saying they can't unlock it is a bit of a porky
    When I went to get my T630 code from O2 they told me it would take a week to get the codes from the manufacturer. I rang back the next week and they still didnt have it, I rang back two weeks later and the rep gave me the code straight away.
    that's what happened to me. three people told me they had to send off to motorola and made me wait three weeks when there was software in the room readily available to generate the code

whats the current situation with the unlock codes for the 6680 do three have these yet?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement