Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft

Options
  • 03-08-2006 8:43pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation at the moment with regards to my credit card bill. It's due to be paid by direct debit on or around the 12th of August, but right now, I don't have enough money in my account to cover it. It's for £380 (Sterling) with the Royal Bank of SCotland. I have a good £1600 coming in to my account soon, but I've no guarantees that it'll be there in time to pay this. I can't reduce the amount to be paid because the bill has gone out, and I can't pay any other way at this stage.

I was wondering, how long would it take to set up an overdraft? My account is pretty active, with plenty of money coming in and out, so there shouldn't really be any problems getting one, should there?

My other option is to transfer money from my BOI account to my RBS one to cover the bill this month, and get an overdraft with BOI. Which do you think would be better?

I understand very few of you probably know anything about RBS, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Faith wrote:
    I'm in a bit of a sticky situation at the moment with regards to my credit card bill. It's due to be paid by direct debit on or around the 12th of August, but right now, I don't have enough money in my account to cover it. It's for £380 (Sterling) with the Royal Bank of SCotland. I have a good £1600 coming in to my account soon, but I've no guarantees that it'll be there in time to pay this. I can't reduce the amount to be paid because the bill has gone out, and I can't pay any other way at this stage.

I was wondering, how long would it take to set up an overdraft? My account is pretty active, with plenty of money coming in and out, so there shouldn't really be any problems getting one, should there?

My other option is to transfer money from my BOI account to my RBS one to cover the bill this month, and get an overdraft with BOI. Which do you think would be better?

I understand very few of you probably know anything about RBS, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well if your bank is like mine you will have it within a day, normally a few hours. i changed jobs and wasn't paid before I went on holliers, rang AIB and I had an overdraft an hour later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think that if your account is in good standing that its normally a few hours, or sometimes its pre-approved already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Ruu wrote:
    I think that if your account is in good standing that its normally a few hours, or sometimes its pre-approved already.

I'm in good standing! Woohoo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

TheGooner wrote:
    I'm in good standing! Woohoo! :D

*claps* Me too, high five. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

The OD should not be a problem

In passing, is the BOI acc Euro or Stg. I trust u have a good reason for running a Stg exposure and paying the FX fees? No reply needed

• Advertisement
Advertisement