Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aftermath of stolen car crash i saw a half hour ago

Options
  • 03-08-2006 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

See pics, i believe unfortunately that they escaped unhurt despite knocking a lampost out to the middle of the road and another lampost in a drunken state.
    Road is Ballyboggan Road between Finglas and Cabra fyi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

legends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

unfortunately? what is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

certainly from the second pic im suprised they went unhurt... complete muppets for doing it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I arrived about 5 min after it happened.
    Word was that they hit the pole on the left in the first pic and the car spun around and hit the second pole and both car and 2nd pole ended up in the middle of the road(2nd pic) so i heard from the scene.
    Oh, i was transferred on call to 3 different garda stations when i reported it but they were fast arriving which was a pleasant surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

ferdi wrote:
    it's unfortunate that 2 more scumbags havn't been removed from the gene pool. It's fortunate that they didn't hurt an average joe on his way home....
    fu(k them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

ferdi loves the knacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ferdi wrote:

We like to apply Darwinian theories on Motors! ;)

Mike.

i dont love them. i just dont like to see people die in a senseless fashion. am i crazy?

mike65 wrote:
    We like to apply Darwinian theories on Motors! ;)

Mike.
    i assume your joking, otherwise your a pretty twisted ****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What's the crutch doing in the second picture ?

Hope there wasn't a little old lady attached to it at some stage ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

ferdi wrote:
    i dont love them. i just dont like to see people die in a senseless fashion. am i crazy?

You'd prefer that they'd live to try this another day? Maybe take a few innocents along with 'em next time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a standard issue hospital support, is there a hospital in the area?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

ferdi wrote:

Come back after it's your car they have nicked and trashed or someone you care about has been mown dowm by them...for de buzz like.

Everytime I hear about a scummer stealing a car and then killing themselves without anyone innocent getting hurt I crack open the expensive whiskey.

Oh and the younger the better, less chance of them having spawned more scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ironically Cappagh Hospital which caters for broken bones is about 1 mile away, one of them must of been on crutches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

John R wrote:
    Come back after it's your car they have nicked and trashed or someone you care about has been mown dowm by them...for de buzz like.

Everytime I hear about a scummer stealing a car and then killing themselves without anyone innocent getting hurt I crack open the expensive whiskey.

My thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

These scumbags seem to be made out of rubber, I've seen them crash cars, turn them over a few times and leg it from the scene without a scratch. I've seen them kicked, punched and beaten to a pulp and two seconds later they're on they're feet and gone. It must be the mongrel breed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ferdi wrote:
    i assume your joking, otherwise your a pretty twisted ****er!

I know! Leaving it up to natural selection to do their dirty work. What lazy ****ers.

Should have mowed them down when you saw them walk out of the car unhurt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

LOL

What kind of car is it, looks like a civic coup?? Thats what i drive,,,, dirty knackery stealing filty aids ridden mongrels, hope they get what they deserve soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

It's a real pity they didn't get badly injured....dam scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ask any Garda, and they'll tell you the little scumbags are made out of rubber. They're usually yoked to their tits (read: high on lots of ecstasy, for the 'oul fellas), and so tend to be more relaxed in a collision, and come out of it without anything serious. They do injure themselves, but don't feel it for hours.

Think back to the two poor Gardai killed in Donnybrook a few years back - MX-5 travelling at 100mph hits Garda car. Two gardai die, two little scumbags walk away....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nuttzy wrote:
    LOL

What kind of car is it, looks like a civic coup??

Looks more like an early 1990s Mitsubishi Mirage/Asti coupe. Probably no air bags or ABS either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Nuttzy wrote:
    LOL

What kind of car is it.

Its a mitsubishi mirage asti id say.

It also amazes me how they can jump and run away from that but if it was joe soap he'd have to be cut out and be hanging on for dear life

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ferdi wrote:

No, but you're wasting your time trying to reason with people who take pleasure in the death of others. Makes one wonder when a mod encourages it though, doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

John R wrote:

Agreed. Scumbags before have tried robbing my car twice, unsuccessfully mind you. I'll mow them down myself if I ever catch them doing it again.

Poor guys car that was stolen. Must be a real sh1tter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Ferdi, it's a natural reaction when one is confronted with the behaviour of that type of reprehensible, unrehabiltitable scumbag, to say things like are being said here.
    Nobody actually died, ok? So it's easy to talk that way.
    Save the righteous indignation for when they take innocents out in the course of their "fun".
    Like the two 9-year olds wiped out in tallaght by joyriders a few years ago. Nobody takes pleasure in those deaths. Nobody.
    Anan, your rigidity in your views is disheartening sometimes. Not an attack, mate, just an observation. Mike65 merely said "We like to apply Darwinian theories on Motors!". What's the issue with that? Should we keep things so straight here that it's not even interesting?

overdriver wrote:
    Ferdi, it's a natural reaction when one is confronted with the behaviour of that type of reprehensible, unrehabiltatable scumbag, to say things like are being said here.?

Actually, it's not. There is nothing natural or normal in rejoicing in the death of another human being.
    overdriver wrote:
    Anan, your rigidity in your views is disheartening sometimes. Not an attack, mate, just an observation. Mike65 merely said "We like to apply Darwinian theories on Motors!". What's the issue with that? Should we keep things so straight here that it's not even interesting?

I appreciate the tone in which your comments are made. With the best will in the world, however, i cannot see how my distaste for posters expressing the hope that people will die is rigid. How this is acceptable in a forum where the word sh1t is censored is, quite frankly, beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Bear i nmind I was recently banned for the same crime. It's an expression of anger in its most dramatic form, that's all.

the double standard is not as clear as you'd make it, though. Bad language and bad sentiment are not neccessarily the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Well tbh if there were less scumbags in the world it would be a better place by far as far as I'm concerned. These f**kers always seem to come out on top. I think if you were dealing with them on a regular basis you might change your view Anan1. These guys don't give a sh*t about anyone or anything so why should anyone give a sh*t about them? I'm sick to death of people standing up for these scum and remember our taxes are keeping them alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

seamus wrote:
    Ask any Garda, and they'll tell you the little scumbags are made out of rubber. They're usually yoked to their tits (read: high on lots of ecstasy, for the 'oul fellas), and so tend to be more relaxed in a collision, and come out of it without anything serious. They do injure themselves, but don't feel it for hours.

NA there usually off their heads on coke or alcohol if on anything, its rare that they would be on pills.

They will be delighted with there days work, the more wrecked the car is the better buzz they get, whenever any of the scum around my parts rob a car the main aim is to wreck the car in as quick as time as possible rather than just joyriding it, and then burn it out after smashing all the windows.

Pure scum.

• Advertisement

overdriver wrote:
    Bear i nmind I was recently banned for the same crime. It's an expression of anger in its most dramatic form, that's all..

I'm not saying I don't understand the sentiment, if I knew someone who'd been killed by a joyrider then I'm sure I'd feel pretty murderous myself. But you have to ask yourself where that kind of hatred will lead us if we let it.

overdriver wrote:
    the double standard is not as clear as you'd make it, though. Bad language and bad sentiment are not neccessarily the same thing.

I suppose the point I was making is that Mike65 in his post legitimized as a moderator what they were saying. I find this rather more disturbing than what was said by some of the posters, in spite of the fact that what he actually said was a lot tamer. Remember, this is a mod who has previously banned people for calling other people stupid. The clear message is that personal abuse is unacceptable, but gloating over the death of a person is. When you think about it, is there anything more abusive than saying that somebody doesn't deserve to live?

Advertisement