Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aftermath of stolen car crash i saw a half hour ago

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Ah! Ever notice how brave people are in their cars? Its due to the removal of the self form reality by a step or two. I don't think any of the posters could look the grieving mother of a scumbag, dead joyrider in the eye and tell her he deserved it. My point is to not blur the internet and real life when it comes to taking what people say to heart. This is about as far removed from the reality of what we say that we can get, and still be in a semblance of real time.

The rigidity I referred to is in your other posts, sensible though they may be. Or not, depending on one's view. it's just that when soemone comes on talking about being foul of the law for some minor infraction, you are going to post and say " you did the crime, pay the fine and forget about it". That's a fair enoug view, but it's not in the spirit of discussion, that's all. we come here to talk things out, not to be told to put up or shut up, you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Try telling a scumbags mother he deserved it and see what happens.....she probably tear your eyes out and blame everyone for the way scumbag junior turned out. As a very wise friend of mine says.. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...and how right he is.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

overdriver wrote:
    Ah! Ever notice how brave people are in their cars? Its due to the removal of the self form reality by a step or two. I don't think any of the posters could look the grieving mother of a scumbag, dead joyrider in the eye and tell her he deserved it. My point is to not blur the internet and real life when it comes to taking what people say to heart. This is about as far removed from the reality of what we say that we can get, and still be in a semblance of real time.
    Very true. That said, I don't see any harm in taking people to task for it. In fact, I think it's important.

overdriver wrote:
    The rigidity I referred to is in your other posts, sensible though they may be. Or not, depending on one's view. it's just that when soemone comes on talking about being foul of the law for some minor infraction, you are going to post and say " you did the crime, pay the fine and forget about it". That's a fair enoug view, but it's not in the spirit of discussion, that's all. we come here to talk things out, not to be told to put up or shut up, you know?

I enjoy discussion as much as anyone else, I wouldn't be here otherwise. It was never my intention to tell someone to put up or shut up. However, when someone comes crying about having been caught for something and tries to shift the blame onto the Guard, or the road, or the law, then I think it's only fair to point out the reality of the situation. I'm a habitual speeder myself, and have been pulled more than once for it. I know the speed limits, and break them of my own free will. Each and every time I am stopped and let off with a warning I am aware that this is at the discretion of the Guard in question. If I ever do get points, I will know that the fault, if any, lies entirely with me.

LOL!!! That makes " Put up..." posts even more unhelpful.

Actually, I'm glad I brought it up, cos you're far less one dimensional than my interaction with you so far has suggested.

It's good to talk.;)

• Advertisement

Til the next time we cross swords! I bid you all good night!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    I suppose the point I was making is that Mike65 in his post legitimized as a moderator what they were saying. I find this rather more disturbing than what was said by some of the posters

@Anan1 - don't overreact. Surely we do not want this forum to be under the strict moral policing force of a politically correct brigade?

Every human death is a tragedy. Family members and friends will feel desperate sorrow and very deep pain. Having said that, if the person that died was an evil scrote, ordinary folk like myself would feel a sense of relief. Like the world is just a little bit less bad than before.
    seamus wrote:
    Ask any Garda, and they'll tell you the little scumbags are made out of rubber

Indeed any Garda will say the same thing
    seamus wrote:
    Think back to the two poor Gardai killed in Donnybrook a few years back - MX-5 travelling at 100mph hits Garda car. Two gardai die, two little scumbags walk away....

Worse, it was about 200km/h upon imact iirc. Amazing those scumbags weren't seriously injured. Made out of rubber they must have been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Countdown to invocation of Godwin's Law...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

cargrouch wrote:
    Countdown to invocation of Godwin's Law...
    The magic words have yet to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Just a matter of time!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Clean the thread - move to After Hours - the lot get banned!

Easy peasey.

:D

Back on topic; were the joyriders apprehended? Who pays for the damage, is it the owners insurance? If that is the case his premium will surely go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Be glad it was a lamp-post and not someone's car getting in the way of their "fun". Was hoping to see another statistic there, but unfortunately the scumbags survived.

To be honest I feel sorry for the lamp-post. Will someone not think of the lamp-posts !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bazz26 wrote:
    Looks more like an early 1990s Mitsubishi Mirage/Asti coupe. Probably no air bags or ABS either.
    I thought it looked familiar :eek: Mine is a 98 tho and does have an airbag.

Still, trading up next week (sorry for pimping - I just can't wait!! :D), but I admit.. I'll be kinda sorry to part with the Mirage. It's a great car.

(Btw.. I've no sympathy at all for scumbags who do things like this. As others have said the only unfortunate thing is that always seem to come out of these incidents without a scratch. I'd be more concerned about the victim. His car just got written off and there's no way he'll even get half what he paid for it out of his insurance company leaving him several grand out of pocket :()

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Nuttzy wrote:
    What kind of car is it, looks like a civic coup?? Thats what i drive,,,, dirty knackery stealing filty aids ridden mongrels, hope they get what they deserve soon.

Looks like a Mitsubishi Mirage to me (Jap import Colt Coupe, essentially)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

seamus wrote:
    Ask any Garda, and they'll tell you the little scumbags are made out of rubber. They're usually yoked to their tits (read: high on lots of ecstasy, for the 'oul fellas), and so tend to be more relaxed in a collision, and come out of it without anything serious. They do injure themselves, but don't feel it for hours.

Think back to the two poor Gardai killed in Donnybrook a few years back - MX-5 travelling at 100mph hits Garda car. Two gardai die, two little scumbags walk away....

It wasn't Donnybrook it was Mount Merrion I remember the crash well, acroos the road from the radison. It's about two minutes from my parents house. Incidently two years previously. A woman in bmw took that turn off of the dual carriageway at speed (y'know doing 60miles per hour odd) and came carting up trees road, when two garda in a car got a false alarm call and came belting across the crossraods(this is about 100m off the junction the gardai got killed on with the joyriders) She hit them so hard they ended up through a wall in the garden, across the road from where she hit them. On their back. I saw the car, and just thought, "no one walked away from that"

You wanna know the secret to getting the council to put traffic calming measures into you area? Get four garda killed less than 750m from each other in the space of five years. The council have put in so many cul de sacs, ramps and traffic calming sh*te you feel like a rat in a maze. Yeah yeah it helps if you're Mt Merrion and not Tallagh, but the speed and extent of what the residents demanded picked up considerably after the garda died, and there was no way they were temporary after the other two fellas died.

Incidently I think the deaths had more to do with the fact that the garda had the car lengthways across the dual carriageway in an attempt to block off the kids in the maza. The engine block and not the yokes the kids were on was the major factor in saving their lives. I've been in a bad crash, I know I'd have never walked away if I'd not been driving a passat, and the engine took the brunt.

The wisdom of two garda turning a car sideways and remaining in the car as part of roadblock has never been explored. The ability of the car to absorb a violent colusion is less if it's sideways. I think this horrible event demostrates how badly the gardai were and are trained to deal with joyriders.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i past that last night - were the cars stolen? I had my car stolen last november in that area and i hope the ****ers died

Diogenes wrote:
    The wisdom of two garda turning a car sideways and remaining in the car as part of roadblock has never been explored. The ability of the car to absorb a violent colusion is less if it's sideways. I think this horrible event demostrates how badly the gardai were and are trained to deal with joyriders.

As I recall, it was quietly reported at the time that toxicology reports on the Guards showed that both were over the drink driving limit at the time of the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I thought it looked familiar :eek: Mine is a 98 tho and does have an airbag.

Still, trading up next week (sorry for pimping - I just can't wait!! :D), but I admit.. I'll be kinda sorry to part with the Mirage. It's a great car.

(Btw.. I've no sympathy at all for scumbags who do things like this. As others have said the only unfortunate thing is that always seem to come out of these incidents without a scratch. I'd be more concerned about the victim. His car just got written off and there's no way he'll even get half what he paid for it out of his insurance company leaving him several grand out of pocket :()
    Class Passat, looks in great nickl :D Hope shes a TDI ! Pity about the reg tho, hope you got a discount for the LH ;)

Back on topic, I play P3 down the road from that crash and many a day have I been there when theres been skangers in robbed jams flying sround glasnevin industrial estate :mad:

Sizzler wrote:
    Class Passat, looks in great nickl :D Hope shes a TDI ! Pity about the reg tho, hope you got a discount for the LH ;)

Back on topic, I play P3 down the road from that crash and many a day have I been there when theres been skangers in robbed jams flying sround glasnevin industrial estate :mad:
    It's a TDI alright.. 130Bhp and immaculate :D The reg is temp garage one. She'll be a D when she's delivered! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive a question about the crash ...

where is the rubber from the front wheel . i think i can see it on the rear but not a shread on the front .

as for unnatural for people to rejoice in the death of another . id say anyone who has killed another in self defence is dam glad it wasnt them that died or if u would like another every american / french / english soldier when they heard that hitler killed himself during ww2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

elexes wrote:
    ive a question about the crash ...

where is the rubber from the front wheel . i think i can see it on the rear but not a shread on the front .

as for unnatural for people to rejoice in the death of another . id say anyone who has killed another in self defence is dam glad it wasnt them that died or if u would like another every american / french / english soldier when they heard that hitler killed himself during ww2
    Goodwins Law has being invoked. Thread closed.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Goodwins Law has being invoked. Thread closed.

I'm sure elexes did that on purpose :D

unkel wrote:
    I'm sure elexes did that on purpose :D

Although I'm still surprised by the number of people who contribute to threads that they haven't bothered to actually read.;)

Anan1 wrote:
    Although I'm still surprised by the number of people who contribute to threads that they haven't bothered to actually read.;)

I'd rather you posted that I don't deserve to live. But then again, if you did, you would be banned :p

unkel wrote:
    I'd rather you posted that I don't deserve to live. But then again, if you did, you would be banned :p

Thus posing the question - is banning worse than death?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Not Fair

You dont know for sure that they are aids ridden.

Though they probably are pox ridden, dyslexic, incontinent and impotent and the guy with the crutch probably has a gangrene leg

Okay

Im relatively new to this whole forum thing so can someone please expalin to me what the **** is Goodwins law??????

joeblogg1 wrote:
    Okay

Im relatively new to this whole forum thing so can someone please expalin to me what the **** is Goodwins law??????
    Googley-oogley :p

• Advertisement

Thanks Kaiser2000

I consider myself duly educated

Advertisement