Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

TheGooner wrote:
    Can girls play? **Sniffle** :o

Well, one girl already said she might play
    nurse_baz wrote:
    i'll provisonally say i'm in too but due to the shift work nature of being a nurse I couldn't guarantee every game.....

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sean Kelly

Striker/Attacking midfeilder (playmaker)

No pace, can spot a pass before it's even on and I can crack in a free kick from about 35 yards handy enough. but the first part makes me a bit of a "super sub" rather than your starter,

Aslo I live in athlone... so it could be tricky... wouldnt mind travling though... so long as someone has a couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There's Andrea Pirlo right there for ye guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah I dunno about the rest of the people who stated their interest, but I'm not
    fit at all. As it stands I couldn't start a game. So I dunno if we are expected to
    get fit for this through organised training or do we try to get fit ourselves?

I like pie. Pie and office work 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

seansouth wrote:
    Well, one girl already said she might play

ha ha very funny!!!!!!;)

i'll remember that when u turn up in A&E........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Would love to play, but can't unfortunatly (in the arranged times, or just in general) but i'll mention it to a couple of boardsies I know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Reviving this coz im very interested!! Are we still goin ahead with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im still really interested in this too.

I think we have the numbers but as the OP said in his first post.
    We'll need a manager and/or an organiser who will collect the money, sort registration etc etc. If the person fancies the workload it can be one of the players doubling up.

We still seem to be lacking that organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was just going to reply with what Blackwizard said. A responsible person is required to do the organising and get the bits together.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You can put me down as 'Provisionally very interested'.

A lot depends on times/locations etc... but I'd be well up for joining if things were in any way suitable.

Don't really have any issues about where I play, I'm right footed and can kick a ball.

• Advertisement

OK, I'll bite.

I'm quite a responsible twenty-six year old. If someone was willing to help, I'd be on for meeting up some evening in the next fortnight to try and get this sorted out.

This is a list so far from this thread of who said they'd play, and where they can play.

Stekelly - Defender (anywhere) & sub keeper
    cheesedude - LB or RB or Winger
    iregk - midfield (anywhere)
    KdjaC - didn't mention a position, but can get sponsorship
    jebusmusic - CB or RB or DMC
    seansouth - CM or Striker
    evad_lhorg - no position mentioned
    BlackWizard - no position mentioned
    Spider_baby - Striker
    nurse_baz - RB or LB or DM
    Nuttzz - CB or RB or CM or RM
    TheGooner - no position mentioned (cheerleader?)
    Seaneh - Striker or AM - needs a place to stay
    MrJoeSoap - Right Footed - no preference

That's fourteen people who said they'd be interested, is that enough?

Here is a provisional starting XI, based ppurely on where people reckon they can play as mentioned above, I know some names have been left out, it wasn't on purpose, I just put in the first names I saw. I reckon we'd all have to meet up for training a day or to after we get the team sorted, and to get to know each other.

Stekelly

BlackWizard----jebusmusic----KdjaC----cheesedude

iregk
    nurse_baz----MrJoeSoap----evad_lhorg

Spider_baby----Seaneh

OK, now Team Boards.ie sounds a bit ghey to be honest, so I'm reckoning on :

a ) Boards United
    b ) Boards Rangers
    c ) Boards Celtic
    d ) Boards Rovers
    e ) Boards City
    f ) Boards Town
    g ) Boards Athletic
    h ) Boards Friday
    i ) Boards FC
    j ) FC Boards
    k ) Real Boards
    l ) Boards Arsenal
    m ) Dynamo Boards
    n ) Lokomotiv Boards
    o ) Red Star Boards
    p ) Kaiser Boards
    q ) Bayern Boards
    r ) seansouth and the Boards Eleven
    s ) Yore Ma! FC
    t ) Inter Boards
    u ) Rapid Boards
    v ) IFK Boards
    w ) Boardsonspor
    x ) Deportivo Boards
    y ) Spartak Boards
    z ) enter your name here

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

would be very interested but for the fact that i'm heading off to oz in a couple of weeks but best of luck to all who get involved.
    OK, now Team Boards.ie sounds a bit ghey to be honest, so I'm reckoning on :

a ) Boards United
    b ) Boards Rangers
    c ) Boards Celtic
    d ) Boards Rovers
    e ) Boards City
    f ) Boards Town
    g ) Boards Athletic
    h ) Boards Friday
    i ) Boards FC
    j ) FC Boards
    k ) Real Boards
    l ) Boards Arsenal
    m ) Dynamo Boards
    n ) Lokomotiv Boards
    o ) Red Star Boards
    p ) Kaiser Boards
    q ) Bayern Boards
    r ) seansouth and the Boards Eleven
    s ) Yore Ma! FC
    t ) Inter Boards
    u ) Rapid Boards
    v ) IFK Boards
    w ) Boardsonspor
    x ) Deportivo Boards
    y ) Spartak Boards
    z ) enter your name here

lmao, particularly like boardsonspor. excellent post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heh :)

AC Boards
    Torpedo Boards
    Boards of Midlothian F.C

Im home in Ireland Aug 25th - Sept 3rd & Oct 7th - 15th. So if by some freak chance you guys decide to play on those dates, then im available to play CB.

EDIT: Oops, just read the start of the thread. Its a League thing, rather then a one-off. Ah well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I Like

A.C. Boards
    Real Boards
    F.C. Boards
    Red Star Boards
    and Boardsonspor

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

SofaKing wrote:
    Boards of Midlothian F.C

Boards of Mod-loathing? :D

Boardsonspor is my favourite.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Boards of Mod-loathing? :D
    Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

seansouth wrote:

TheGooner - no position mentioned (cheerleader?)

:eek: Oh no you didn't!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We would need to get training to see who is any good and who is cack for a starting 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Saint Boards Athletic or im taking my ball and going home.

Right wing, right back,up front pretty much anywhere except CB :D

Can organise and eleven a side plastic pitch for an hour (Coldcut facing Liffey valley, just off M50, easy bus from City Centre)

Boards Juniors
    Boca Boards
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Boards fc

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm really interested in this. I'd be able to play pretty much whenever for the next coming weeks aswell.

I'm just curious though, what division would we be joining?

I've never played for a team before so I've never been assessed into a position or anything.

I reckon I'm good on the wing, I can find space and I can find a player in the box no problem with a pass that's on target.

Kdjac, what do you mean a "plastic" pitch?:o :confused:

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    Kdjac, what do you mean a "plastic" pitch?:o :confused:

Its made of plastic :confused:

www.astro.ie

have a mess about on the site, i reckon the team should enter that league as it can be mini or full season and as its mid august a mini may suit us.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Depending on when/where you are playing and maybe also if I could talk one of yea into giving me a lift somewhere closehome afterwards (anyone of yea live in D15 - clonsilla/blanchardstown area).

I can play RB, CB, RM or CM. Im really out unfit but if I got fit I would be back to my old self fairly quickly.

The whole thing sounds promising anyway.

Starting Monday 25 September 2006

# Divisions consist of 10 teams each playing 18 league games 60 minutes in duration.
    # All games are refereed by qualified referees.
    # All results, fixtures, tables, reports etc... are held on the web site.
    # At the end of each season there is a presentation night for all teams with great prizes.
    # Unlimited Squad sizes, Subs may come on and off at any stage.
    # All teams must register on-line
    # Games are played, Weekdays evenings from 18:30:00 - 23:00:00.
    # Fixtures are based on teams locations.

Price
    € 1300 + 13.5% VAT (Total: € 1475.5) League Fees
    € 300 Referee Fees

kdjac

ah, an astro pitch, I thought a plastic pitch was sumthin different:rolleyes:

Would people prefer to play on astro or on grass? I'd definitely prefer grass, for the league/cup anyway.

Fitness wise, I'm nowhere near my peak at the moment but I'm very determined to get fit and have a healthy diet to help me (that includes no drink Kdjac:D:D)

I'd love if I could be fitted in somewhere or at least go to the training/trials:)

Jaysus that's pricey. 60 minutes duration only:( What happened 90? Is that the Astro Leagu Kdjac yeah?

Well if most could do a training session over next 3 weeks whilst everyone together can decide on what league, if we go for grass in pheno i be gutted as i have never played there only on private pitches :D

Its obviously easiest as the standard is ****e there so we be fine, but astro is a very high standard and has beer next to pitch (rules out Cormie) and hot showers and its just nice tbh :)

kdjac

cormie wrote:
    Jaysus that's pricey. 60 minutes duration only:( What happened 90? Is that the Astro Leagu Kdjac yeah?

You get what you pay for, bar overlooking pitch and hot showers.

Grass is fine just its the pheno and i think some of us may be good and have never played there.

Stekelly started this so is team captain seansouth offered to help so is chairman (actually maybe not he try the Ollie byrne style of management we all lose our houses :D ).

I can ring Coldcut morrow and try get it for thursday at 8 or just show up ina field :D

kdjac

I reckon the 11 a side astro is the best place to start. Then If we can manage a full season wwith proper commitment, think about entering a proper league next season, maybe playing sunday mornings on grass. Howzat sound?

Go Boarderpool FC

EDIt.I'm good to start a training/team selection session whenever suits people. A squad get together this week or next would be a good idea. I'm free most nights but at the minute in Playing Friday, Saturday and Snday evenings. I'll be dropping Friday evenings when this takes off tho.

Wheres best place for us to meet/get some sort of order in this (it must have pub close)

I organising a Pro Evo tournament on saturday in Mc Dowells* can meet there after/during that, few quiet pints and let ste and Sean** sort out some order, astro gives us till 25th no clue about grass. jersey could be a problem if this runs on any longer.

*I must say i did very well to get that spampost in there :D

**Also how i managed to avoid any sort of commitment to organsiing anything.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Is it too late toorganise a get together and maybe a kick about this thurs evening? Around 8?

Advertisement