Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Killer App For BB

• 03-08-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭

Just my 2c
    I think Google earth is amazing, is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Pretty cool alright. Brother is travelling Europe for a few weeks and he rang from the train from Prague to Munich saying they had to get an earlier train because the over nighter was booked out. This meant they needed to book a hostel in Munich for that night whereas they only had the hostel booked for the following nights, ie they thought they would be sleeping on the overnight train.

So, opened up Google Earth. Entered munich in the Search box, Down we zoomed towards the globe and munich which I never tire of seeing. Clicked to highlight transport links. Found the Munich HauptBahnhof where they would arrive. Entered Hostels into the search box and found their prebooked hostel was almost next door. Got the web address for this hostel from Google Earth and went to their website. Booked out for that night. Went back to Google earth and got the addresses for other hostels in the area all within a few hundred metres. Found one nearby with vacancies and booked the lads in. Rang the bro back with the details and directions within 20 minutes of him initially calling and you want to hear the whoops of joy from the 10 other lads in the background when he told them. They were sh!tting themselves that they would be sleeping on benchs in the bahnhof that night!

Basically all done through google earth barring actually booking the lads in which was done through the hostels own website.

Whats my killer BB app? Bit-Torrent and American TV ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Bit torrent for me too. I've gotten into podcasts too. Some of those are daily and big(ish) so I couldn't download them with dialup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its google earth for me and just wait till the launch their new sat next year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Streaming content such as some of the stuff available from bbc.co.uk/broadband, google earth and the ability to download large linux iso's at high speed via the likes of Bitorrent (large files in general)

imho iTunes is also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Newsleecher for downloading off newsgroups.
    Such power

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Newsleecher for downloading off newsgroups.
    Such power

News Rover is my own personal fav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sponge Bob wrote:
    its google earth for me and just wait till the launch their new sat next year.
    sounds intruiging spongbob.

clicky linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The killer app for broadband are the users.

Advertisement