Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire a game coach!

Options
  • 03-08-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Something you lot might think of taking up, no more desk jobs for ye. From here. :)
    Carl Bialik from WSJ writes "Expert videogame players, many of them teens, are forging professional careers as coaches, finding clients — many of them in their 20s or 30s — online, the Wall Street Journal reports. Some gigs pay $65 an hour. From the article: 'Gaming-lessons.com says its youngest "Halo 2" instructor is 8-year-old New Yorker Victor De Leon III — better known by his online gamer name, Lil Poison — who has given several lessons a month since late last year, fitting the classes in after he has done his homework. His father, also named Victor, says his son has used some of the money he earns from lessons (hourly rate: $25) to buy a hamster, named Cortana after a character in the game.'"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Hell, if someone wants to pay me €20 an hour to shoot them on a server and tell them they suck then I'm game.

Pm me if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol i'd give cs lessons.

some guys were paying €50 an hour to have 1 on 1 with some pro player. great money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Spike wrote:
    Hell, if someone wants to pay me €20 an hour to shoot them on a server and tell them they suck then I'm game.

Bloody hell, here's me doing it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

All game mods should be charging a fee each time they reply to a post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Right so... *heads off to polish his skills in City of Villains* lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Welcome to, like, a year and a half ago ;)

That guy Tsquared is one of the people doing Halo 2 lessons, he's a right muppet. I think he might have been the one that started this venture, can't remember. People paying $65 an hour to play with someone need a slap upside the head. I remember a good few years back Fatal1ty sold a "lesson" on Ebay too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Saw this on slashdot a few days ago. I was quite happy to see a Dad keeping track of what his 8 year old was up to online (unless he just checked up when reporters started asking questions).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

"Come to the The Harvard of Headshots, OMGUS ROFLUS FRAGGUS L337US"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Got an expert 7yo son ere. can clear HL2 ep 1 in bout 3 1/2 hrs, took me nearly 5. must offer his services. where do I advertise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Got an expert 7yo son ere. can clear HL2 ep 1 in bout 3 1/2 hrs, took me nearly 5. must offer his services. where do I advertise?

adverts.ie :) He can start paying back all that rent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement