Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your pets' favourite toy?

Options
  • 03-08-2006 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what your pets' favourite toy is? My dog has two rubber bones that she chews endlessly and has had for ages. She loves having them thrown for her and if you touch them or walk past them then it has to be kicked or thrown for her.

Well that was how things used to be. Today I bought her two rubber rings, one for indoors and one for outdoors and she is just besotted. The indoor ring has not left her side since I gave it to her. Even when I was feeding her she had it in her mouth and only dropped it to eat. She picked it up again as soon as she finished. Any time she goes for a wander around she brings the ring with her and gets extremely excited when you throw it or roll it. She also whines if you hide it or take too long in throwing it (she never did this with the bones). I figure she is just happy to have a new toy or doesn't want to let it out of her sight because it might get taken away (she found a squeaky ball yesterday which I had to take away for my own sanity). Even if you throw her old bone she ignores it. It's kind of sweet in a way!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Tennis balls... that's it... he doesn't seem to like anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Tennis balls, the post that comes through the letterbox and a little rope to play with are my dogs favourite toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Our kitten likes bubblewrap, those packing pelletts and paper shreddings. She is very easy to keep happy and occupied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Oh I forgot about post. That's a new one my dog has picked up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Flower pots etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

My dog is not that interested in toys that I buy her but she loves chewing the hose, buckets, branches, gully covers, old shoes, etc.

When she was a pup and still part of the litter, I would go out to play with them and I would come back in without my laces. The little buggers whipped them from my shoes without me noticing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Our cats are totally disinterested in anything we buy them, except for small furry mice. Even then, once their tails (the mice, that is!) have been bitten off and eaten, they're discarded and never played with again! A waste of money, really.

Crumpled up silver foil, paper bags, feathers, cardboard boxes, moths and flies are all infinitely more interesting to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Collie-Tennis balls
    Other pooch-her snowman teddy which we have to hide when the mothers dog visits because she tears her toys apart the little minx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Coal for some reason. He doesnt swallow it, jusy chews it up and spits out little piles of coal dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Newest feline arrival adores little furry mice and feathers. Oh, and feet! My older cats aren't that interested in anything that isn't killable.
    The chinchillas love bells and cat balls with jingly bits in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

My dogs favourite toy is an old piece of blue rope that he found on a beach two years ago. He also found some yellow rope but that magically disappeared, much to his annoyance and disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Bought her quite a few toys,....
    Unfortunately though she has no interest in them and ignores them completely.
    Instead, she goes into a frenzy when it comes to coke bottle tops, empty cardboard boxes and brown paper bags lol ;)

You would think by now Id know better than to bother actually *buying* "toys" :rolleyes:

b:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

My dog's toy collection is ridiculous. He has his own cupboard shelf and he loves all of them, but especially a pink :rolleyes: very squeaky ball my daughter gave him. He normally kills all squeaks, but he's had this one years (although I take it away after a bit cos I can't stand the noise). If there's a man available to play with he goes for his tug-o-war thing best cos he likes someone who can challenge him!

The two older cats don't really play anymore, and the kitten loves his little furry mouse most indoors, but is obsessed with pouncing on the lawn atm if outside :confused:

Fortunately, the dog seems to respect which toys are his and not, so although he would eat/shred any soft toys if we gave him any, he leaves the kitten's alone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

any cuddly toy with a long nose:D He sucks on them all day:D
    Rescued from a puppy farm in Limerick. his mum died when he was 4wks old
    so I guess its a behavioural thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Tennis Balls win hands down but Jackie loves anything that will make noise (seed trays and tinfoil are optional favourites).

I bought her her first squeaky toy a few weeks ago and it was the best thing ever until she got a bite on the squeak (it lasted three hours!!). I'm not really sure whether it was a good or bad thing for my sanity......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Dog loves tennis balls, plastic bottles, the cats and anything the cats want to play with!

The cats love string and bottle caps. And one loves the foil that's around the top of wine bottles... he comes and waits for you to give it to him if he sees you opening a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

All six of my cats, adults and kittens alike, love to play with their balled up fur after being groomed. There's pieces of black fur hidden all over the house! :D

They also love paper bags, cardboard boxes and a toy mouse tied to a piece of shoelace, or chasing your feet under the duvet.

Oh, and Rufus LOVES to play with pasta, any time you go near the press where they're kept he's in the kitchen like a shot looking for a new piece (even if he has about 20 hidden somewhere else, then later he'll jump up onto the couch drop the pasta and wait for you to throw it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

tennis balls and a frisbee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

My dog loves to play with the hand puppet a girlfriend gave to me- it's a raccoon popping out of a trashcan. SHe also likes this round, furry thing with tiny beady plastic eyes called "Snowpuff" which is a SEVEN year old stuffed toy my nephew gave to her when she was a puppy. It was originally white, now it's this gray...thing.
    ALso, does anyone here have a dog that does this, do you have a dog that steals underwear out of the laundry basket and chews the crotch?
    *cough* I've *cough* heard of *cough* other people's dogs doing that..

smallpaws wrote:
    ALso, does anyone here have a dog that does this, do you have a dog that steals underwear out of the laundry basket and chews the crotch?
    *cough* I've *cough* heard of *cough* other people's dogs doing that..

Yep, thats why we invested in a clothes hamper with a lid. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Rogueish wrote:
    Yep, thats why we invested in a clothes hamper with a lid. :D
    Tccch. Rich people.

It beats having your dirty underwear being paraded past any visitors.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I have a pair of budgies and, as is typical, the female is the dominant. A few months ago I got them a seed bar with a bright yellow plastic hook attached to a wooden stick. Of course they demolished the seed, but I left the stick in there. Everytime the female pushes the male away from her seed dish I'm convinced he tries to make her jealous by courting the stick.

Advertisement