Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home Audio System help!!!

• 04-08-2006 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

I currently have just over 100Gigs of music (MP3, WMA) and am looking for some type of jukebox that can see the music off a NAS or computer and with a good screen to see the track/album/artist info.
    I'd like any info on wireless systems as the file server will be on the top floor and access to it on the ground floor (no concrete floors in between thank god!)
    I've checked the web and seeing as this is a new(ish) tech, it is filled with multiple choices.i'd like people with similar specs or with tried and tested ideas to post as i'm just looking for further info on the subject from RL experiences.

Thanks,
    Brian#

Soz - mods can you move this to Home entertainment please, I didn't see that forum before i posted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Triangle wrote:
    Soz - mods can you move this to Home entertainment please, I didn't see that forum before i posted.
    No prob. In future use the report post button to request a move, you'll get a quicker response. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

www.sonos.com

Yer only man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Can recommend both the Slim Devices Squeeze Box & Rokulabs Soundbridge.

You have got to plug the above into a hifi system or powered speakers of some sort... Which to me is preferential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=600en&v=users
    or some of these less fancy ones
    http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=dvd2&v=users

There is something similar from buffalo tech.

there are some good value options here, although I dont know if they will work on a NAS, a friend of mine tested two before and he thought the fact that they all require a server software to run on the pcs that hold the files was not great as the software was demanding. But they have developed alot since then.
    Thing is you can just add one of these/repalce a DVD player and pop a wireless connection into your PC.
    What about running Media centre and getting either an extender or an Xbox 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Stoner wrote:
    http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=600en&v=users
    or some of these less fancy ones
    http://www.kiss-technology.com/?p=dvd2&v=users

There is something similar from buffalo tech.

there are some good value options here, although I dont know if they will work on a NAS, a friend of mine tested two before and he thought the fact that they all require a server software to run on the pcs that hold the files was not great as the software was demanding. But they have developed alot since then.
    Thing is you can just add one of these/repalce a DVD player and pop a wireless connection into your PC.
    What about running Media centre and getting either an extender or an Xbox 360?
    media centre is crap for music ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

put them on a linux server with mt-daapd and itunes on a windows client. or else amarok is good for a jukebox.

how 'thin' a thin-client do you want to run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

If you can, go with the sonos, it's a fantastic system

Advertisement