Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7610 - moisture damage :(

• 04-08-2006 1:13am

Well my poor ol' 7610 kicked the bucket a week ago and Ive been left mobile-less. *curses the rain*

Im looking for a phone with similar specs (if not the exact same one) for around €220. Does anyone have any good recommendations or solid leads?

The cheapest 7610 I found was on expansys.ie for ~290, and I figured that was too much for a phone which is quite dated at this stage.

Im not looking for anything like the Nx0 range, but Id like a decent mobile with a camera.

3g or whatever its called doesnt interest me that much. Like I said, I'd be more than happy to go with another 7610 as it was the bees knees so if anyone has any hot leads on decent prices, Id be eternally grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

u can buy the nokia 6680 for 199euro from vodafone.ie if u use a student cardor the n70 for 279euro (i realise what u sed bout the n-series but its 2megapixel!)

Is it straightforward enough to unlock the Nx0 series? Im on o2 and would prefer to keep my number.

Also, are they bill pay or credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

What about a sim free 6630 barely used?

Thanks for the offer but Im not a huge fan of the 6630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

JohnnieM wrote:
    What about a sim free 6630 barely used?

No selling on these boards.

Jabba, the 6680 and n70 are impossible to unlock, unless Vodafone will do it for you. They are available on pay as you go and billpay and you can keep your number.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer but Im not a huge fan of the 6630

either am i ..dats why i want rid of...lol

Well my poor ol' 7610 kicked the bucket a week ago and Ive been left mobile-less. *curses the rain*

Just in case you were interested...its quite easy to get a liquid damaged phone working again... take them apart completely and wash them down with methalated spirits use a tooth brush on the bigger parts but be gentle... dry completely befor re assembly... handy if you manage to get insurance on it in the mean time. If it manages to stay alive for the 2 month waiting period you;ll get a new one from them,,,note..it prob wont live long after the clean but worth a shot)

Cool, thanks for that nugget of info. It wasnt as if the phone was dunked in a pint, so that might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 col1

A hair dryer worked on my old 7250(dropped into a toilet)

col1 wrote:
    A hair dryer worked on my old 7250(dropped into a toilet)

Yeah that can work.. trouble is though because it wasnt cleaned you havent halted the corrosion....more cases than not it will die sooner rather that later

• Advertisement
Advertisement