Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS problem

Options
  • 04-08-2006 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I purchased some airline tickets through ebookers and paid the express delivery to have them delivered within 3 working days buy UPS.

I never got the tickets and 8 days later I rang UPS who said the tickets were deliverd (But it wasnt to my address and some randomer signed for them)

They said somebody would call me to sort it in a couple of days out as it was under investigation but of course nobody ever called. So a month later (today) and after a lot of emails and phonecalls I was contacted to be told the tickets were lost and they dont know where they are. The UPS worker then got onto ebookers and new tickets were issued and I should get them next week.

But I want to know am I entitled to a refund on the price of delivery on the original tickets (it was 20pound sterling which is quite a lot for delivery from LOndon) as i never got the tickets in 3 working days? I know its only about 25euro but its pissing me off that I had to do all the running around to find out what happended my tickets after paying so much to have them delivered quick and secure.

So should I be entitled to a refund of the 20pounds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i suppose theyll deliver the second set for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

UPS made a mistake, they said they were delivered and someone else signed for them? Sounds like backpedalling to me. If you have the receipt from postage then you might be able to recover the postage you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ok an update. Ebookers just rang me to say they have been in contact with UPS and they are re-issuing new tickets, but want me to pay the 65sterling for the re-issue! I said there is no way in hell im forking out for a UPS mistake, but they insist I have to pay cos the tickets were signed for at my address (which they werent, someone called Racheal signed for them and theres nobody called Racheal living in my house or my road).

So they say until I pay up they aernt giving me my tickets. I told them to go sort it with UPS. This is really starting to piss me off now

Find out if you can get a copy of the signature, something happened where I once had to demand such a thing. Of course they never sent the signature (probably because it didn't exist) but called me the next day to sort it out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Ruu wrote:
    Find out if you can get a copy of the signature, something happened where I once had to demand such a thing. Of course they never sent the signature (probably because it didn't exist) but called me the next day to sort it out. :)
    Ruu wrote:

What he said and:
    • You titled this a UPS Problem with in fact your contract is with ebookers not UPS. I'd be very clear with ebookers that you don't really care what UPS have done or not done - you paid ebookers to provide a service and they did not provide it. You can prove this if required so you are on pretty solid ground.
    • As such you should look for a refund of you initial £20. You paid for 3-day delivery, did not get it. Clear cut to me.
    • As for paying an extra £65 ... well that's a no brainer.

Don't know what your recourse is here - small claims court I guess although it is not clear where you are based (UK or Ireland?). If this is a cross border issues these guys would be able to help and are pretty good http://www.eccdublin.ie/ - I'd call them before calling ebookers again as they might be able to give you some pointers on how to take this forward.

• Advertisement

OK Ebookers just rang me again to say they have been in contact with UPS and UPS are sayin they were delivered and signed by this "Racheal " person, and therefore they were delivered and I have to pay up for the re-issue tickets and thats the end of it.

So what do I do next, im gona ring UPS and ask for a copy of the signature (Should there not be a surname after the Racheal) but I dunno what use that will be.

What do i do next?

can anyone help me? im so frustrated by this.

ANyone know who I can complain to?

Yes there would have to be a full name on the signature, at least you will have a name to go on to take further proceedings. I would suggest you contact someone at the Consumers' Association of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I never understood how these companies got away with letting anyone but yourself sign for a delivery. They're being paid to get it to you. Not anyone who is willing to take it off their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

UPS are obliged to deliver the goods to the address on the package though they may ask a neighbour to accept same on your behalf. You can prevent this if you wish by having a No Delivery To Neighbour notice attached to the item. UPS can pull the blinds down and insist on dealing with the shipper only but you should ask them for a POD, Proof of Delivery, this will provide you with the full details of the delivery recorded in thier driver's electronic DIAD, Delivery Information Acquisition Device. This will show the address the item was delivered to, the date and time of same along with the receiver's written signature which their driver should have confirmed and keyed in print into the unit. You should also ask if their driver can describe your home and the person who signed for the item as this may help you prove the item was not delivered to your home. If UPS has left it with a neighbour you are entitled to demand that they collect and deliver it to you directly. You may ask their call centre to escalate your issue but be sure to get a name. If you feel you are not getting anywhere ask to speak directly to the call centre manager. You can also request that UPS write to you enclosing all details concerning the said delivery. Do not pay for a second delivery as it is most likely UPS will refund the shipper for the first one. Ps Remember remain calm and polite at all times you will get much further.
    Don't forget to post back and let us know how you got on.

Hitbit

• Advertisement
Advertisement