Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New models for audi a3 and vw golf?

Options
  • 04-08-2006 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'll be buying either (new) an audi a3 or vw golf in Jan 07 - does anybody know when the new models for each car are likely to come out in Ireland? I've seen rumours of the new vw golf mark VI due out in 2008?

Any information is greatly appreciated - if the new golf will be out in 2008 in Ireland with the new a3 due later that may push me to go for an a3 but if they're both due out at the same time I'll decide based on the cars only.

Thanks,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I have heard a rumour that they are bringing the Mark VI Golf in ealrier than predicted as the production costs on the Mark V are too high. Predicted to come in 2007.

Not sure on the A3, but as they share the chassis it wouldn't surprise me if a change in that was due as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

The current MKV golf in only out 2 and a half years (or there abouts) I would say any change would be a minor face lift. VW kept the MKIV golf in production for over 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

leahcim wrote:
    The current MKV golf in only out 2 and a half years (or there abouts) I would say any change would be a minor face lift. VW kept the MKIV golf in production for over 6 years.
    yes i would say around 2010 for the new golf

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The MkVI Golf is expected in mid 2008. It will be much cheaper to produce than the current MkV so they are bringing the launch date forward. Underneath the MkVI is expected to use the same chassis as the MkV. Most engines from the MkV is also be carried over to the MkVI.

Volkswagen_Golf_VI_2008_1w.jpg

I have heard that the A3 is actually cheaper to produce than the Golf at the moment. That and the fact that it got a mild facelift in 2005 means you may not see a new A3 until about 2009.

Advertisement