Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Deposit back from BT

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Foxwood wrote:
    Suggesting that BT are asking for deposits to make a profit can only be explained by either irrational bias or the sort of thickness that your other posts don't suggest.

Do you honestly think that it costs BT less to handle a deposit than that deposit could possible earn in interest?

I've recommended BT to two people in the last 12 months. Neither have had any problems, or regrets. The current bizzare behaviour of the customer support line wasn't a problem when they signed up, and they haven't needed to call it since.

I have never suggested that BT asked for deposits to make a profit - I have pointed out that the deposits are interest free loans which by definition they are. You are giving money to someone which in 'due course' you will get back without any interest being paid for the privilege for not having access to your money. With any reputable business you would not have to go to the lengths which Dubmick has had to to get his deposit back.

Normally when you give a loan of any sort (or when you have to pay a depost to someone) there are receipts involved, conditions etc.
    BT don't bother with such niceities so theres no costs involved there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just another update here:
    I still have not received my deposit back.

The complaints office in BT has now been waiting two weeks for Cash Management to get back to her (supposedly).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dubmick wrote:
    Just another update here:
    I still have not received my deposit back.

The complaints office in BT has now been waiting two weeks for Cash Management to get back to her (supposedly).

Why am I not surprised?

At this stage maybe you should threaten them with the small claims court ~-director of consumer affairs- or if you are religious you could try a prayer so St. Jude who used to be in the old days the patron saint of hopeless cases:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I was overbilled for a year, it got to the point whereby the head girl at customer complaints called me at the very time i was in the bank to cancel my direct debit with BT.

So they no longer can take money from my account, i pay them manually and have the internet banking thingy setup for BT. Every bill i go through it and only pay what i know i owe them...not what they say i owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

I have been waiting for a deposit back off that shower of idiots since August, when I signed up they said i had to pay the deposit bla bla bla and Im not a renter, anyways have been on the phone with them constantly and they refuse to refund it...Im at the stage where Im going to blow my top :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

email odca@entemp.ie . cc complaints@btireland.ie , mention "unfair contract" in the subject line.

cheque monday I'll wager , tell us how it goes willya :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

After reading these forums I realised I've been with BT for 6 months and didn't get my deposit back. I emailed them and I got a nice polite reply saying that I wouldn't be getting it back until I'd been with them a year. (Never had any problem with them either though.)

Advertisement