Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikipedia.org entry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Actually, in session 1 04, it was "Spitalians" not "Sportalians".

Also, isn't the point of an encyclopedia to be factual?

I've heard Spitalians, Sportalians, Franco-Sportalians, Pug-Fugly and something which incorporates the Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese and Dutch.

Ye got hoodies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Jack Lynch wrote:
    I've heard Spitalians, Sportalians, Franco-Sportalians, Pug-Fugly and something which incorporates the Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese and Dutch.

Ye got hoodies!!!
    I've also heard 'Sportifrancalians' Session 2 2005
    Though the most common one I've heard is sportalians

People just took the idea too far.

'Hey, you know what nationality we should add today? Swiss! Now they're Sportofrancissalionawegians!'
    'Wait! What about adding some Peruvians!'

It's a vicious cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I was happy with Spitalians...
    They come from Spittaly.
    And it doesn't sound too much like a reference to sport.

But Sportugal! And CTYIers can do sports!

Unihoc is a sport...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

yea! i have been waring my hoodie EVERY day since i left, except for a weird red monstrosity every 4 days when i am forced to wash it.

i always remember sportalians, but in my first year, (05), people were shouting about the two. but they will always be sportalians. from sportalia.

Advertisement