Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statistics

• 04-08-2006 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hopefully you mathemagicians will be able to help me :) I have a repeat exam coming up, I didnt really focus on it for the summer. Our lecturer gave us no notes and basically told us stories :rolleyes: Anywho if you guys would have any decent links to some sites concerning:
    (Im not naturally talented at maths either :( )
    Confidence Intervals
    Hypothesis Tests
    Chi-Squared Tests
    Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
    Analysis of Variance - ANOVA

I had a google around for the topics but alot of the sites are quite bad and dont give workable examples... just in case you thought i was being lazy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hmm, do you do BESS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hi sorry tried posting when i was in work last night but the firewall gave out. Anywho, no I dont do BESS, i do computer science. The mathemagician comment wasnt ment to be nasty or snide, ment to be a compliment because I really suck at anything to do with mathematics. Nerdy/goofy side in me coming out.
    Slow coach: Thanks very much for the links, the mathworld one is really good. Much appreciated.
    Ibid: I will just assume you were curious and not trying to make presumptions about me. Does it matter what course i do?:confused:

Your course matched the BESS course...

To follow on - am starting econometrics next term

Has anyone any recommendations for a good intro text book??

Advertisement