Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test cancelled by test centre

Options
  • 04-08-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I received a letter last week dated July 25th letting me know that my test was on 31st August in Waterford.

Got a letter in the post today from the DoT saying that due to "unforeseen circumstances" my test will have to be cancelled. That letter was dated August 2nd.

Does anyone know what the "unforeseen circumstances" are? I read a while back that they were cancelling tests because they were having a vote on a particular day, but that was before I received the first letter. Or is it just a case of the tester going on his summer holidays?

Does anyone have any experience of this? How long before I receive another test date and how much notice will I be given? I'm going to ring them up and ask myself (when they come back from lunch at 1.30pm), but whether or not they'll be able to tell me is another thing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Same happened to me about three days later I got another letter with a new date, overall it just cost me 2 weeks in time, no money involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

vector wrote:
    Same happened to me about three days later I got another letter with a new date, overall it just cost me 2 weeks in time, no money involved

I received a letter this morning dated 3 August (day after cancellation letter) with a new date of 13 September, so two weeks seems to be the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

You are lucky getting a letter advising they have cancelled your test.

Some people turn up at the test centre to be told then that they cannot be taken out on test!

Advertisement