Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dry and ruined... Help!

• 04-08-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

My hair is really dry and frizzy. I used to have long, soft luxurious hair but when I moved from Australia to Europe it became horrible.

Any tips other than cutting the lot off for getting it in better condition?
    I have my hair dyed red at the moment. (my natural hair is dark blonde)

I would like to get rid of the red but I know that would require some bleaching which would make my hair even worse. (used to be bleached blonde years ago but have since grown all that out)

Has anyone elses hair turned brittle frizzy and horrible after they relocated? I thought maybe differences in the water could cause it because I use the same shampoo and conditioner..

Now..
    craphair.jpg

Old hair colour..
    blonde.jpg

It used to be more flat and straight but now it's that mess. Any help would be appreciated? Also if anyone can recommend any places that could successfully return my hair to it's natural colour I'd appreciate that too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my hair a few years ago was in terrible state. Get to a good hairdresser explain you don't want to cut it all off and ask for a really good treatment - L'oreal's Ineral Optimal is fantastic stuff. You will prob nee to trim teh ends but you should not have to cut it all off it honestly doesnt look that bad. Also get hold of some nourikin tablets they make your hair grow thick and healthy they are excellent I use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

my hair a few years ago was in terrible state. Get to a good hairdresser explain you don't want to cut it all off and ask for a really good treatment - L'oreal's Ineral Optimal is fantastic stuff. You will prob nee to trim teh ends but you should not have to cut it all off it honestly doesnt look that bad. Also get hold of some nourikin tablets they make your hair grow thick and healthy they are excellent I use them

Thank you I will try anything at this stage. I feel like shaving it off in annoyance most days but I don't think that's a very good look for me. :D

Now to find a good hairdresser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Your hair was fab before, what made you go dark? I'm feeling you on this topic because my hair is very fine and doesn't stand up to much processing, avoid hairdryers and straightners - put your hair in curlers or leave it dry naturally and then straighten jus the front if you must... The best conditioning treatment I have ever done is to go to bed with a lot of olive oil massaged into the mid-end lengths sometimes mixed with aussie 3 minute miracle (tie it up loosely) - it doesn't smell nice, it's messy and you wake up looking greasy but then when you wash and dry your hair it's really silky and conditioned.
    A top hairdresser recommended this in vogue - I'm not making it up... I do it once a week - it's better than going to a hairdresser having them slap some conditioner on, throw a towel over your head and charge you €18 (as happened to me in PM's)
    I'd cut an inch or two off and use temporary conditioning colours to disguise the root regrowth until you can go back to blonde..
    Goodluck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kivun Sotilas,
    It could be your diet too. A lack of certain nutrients can make your hair go dry and dull. Maybe start taking a multivitamin and eat more oily fish. Strangely enough, the state of your kidneys can affect your hair, so make sure you drink gallons of water and cut down on the salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

A type of conditioner or styling gel used AFTER you've washed it - the Leave -In type will help tremendoulsy.

I have the same problem.

Also, every so often I will change products because my hair just gets used to them and starts to do the same thing again regardless.

Try not to use too many chemicals (dying, perming) which can dry it even more. After all, hair is dead to begin with. Try not to hurt it more.

L4L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

Strokesfan wrote:
    Your hair was fab before, what made you go dark? I'm feeling you on this topic because my hair is very fine and doesn't stand up to much processing, avoid hairdryers and straightners - put your hair in curlers or leave it dry naturally and then straighten jus the front if you must... The best conditioning treatment I have ever done is to go to bed with a lot of olive oil massaged into the mid-end lengths sometimes mixed with aussie 3 minute miracle (tie it up loosely) - it doesn't smell nice, it's messy and you wake up looking greasy but then when you wash and dry your hair it's really silky and conditioned.
    A top hairdresser recommended this in vogue - I'm not making it up... I do it once a week - it's better than going to a hairdresser having them slap some conditioner on, throw a towel over your head and charge you €18 (as happened to me in PM's)
    I'd cut an inch or two off and use temporary conditioning colours to disguise the root regrowth until you can go back to blonde..
    Goodluck :)

I got pissed off one day after yet another annoying "man" I won't even call him a proper man shouted at me from a car window and thought if I didn't have blonde hair they wouldn't notice me. Well it works in a way.

My friend actually said the olive oil thing too. What's aussie 3 minute miracle?
    Dudess wrote:
    Kivun Sotilas,
    It could be your diet too. A lack of certain nutrients can make your hair go dry and dull. Maybe start taking a multivitamin and eat more oily fish. Strangely enough, the state of your kidneys can affect your hair, so make sure you drink gallons of water and cut down on the salt.

I drink heaps of water and take vitamins already because I know I was lacking so I don't think it is that. Maybe it's the different food I eat here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Try eating avocado - it's got essential fatty acids, which are really important for good hair, skin, nails. It takes a bit of getting used to - works best as a spread. But you get to like it. Maybe try rubbing some into your scalp too, and leaving it there for a while before washing your hair.

Advertisement