Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the ultimate sandwich?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Soft sliced white pan with alot of butter and onto that put some v thick homemade chips cooked in lard of course and loads of chef brown sauce. Chips are that hot the butter is dripping out of the bread. Wash down with a v strong cup of lyons kenyan blend tea.

Get out of it ya luv it.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

You're all wrong!!!!!

The best sandwich is apple. Just two slices of bread with apple slices (preferably the red and yellow apples) between them.
    Yuuuummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Although right now I'd love a chip butty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Either a tosted foccacia with avocado, chicken, mushroom, lettuce, salt and pepper or a crunchy brown roll with a little mayo, chicken, lettuce, tomato, carrot, beetroot, alfalfa sprouts, salt and pepper. Yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I think the chip butty has to be the winner. Although red sauce instead of brown (unless HP browne sauce)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

A sandwich with just butter-the minimalist approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yesterday and today (and probably the next couple of weekends) it's a triple decker effort of white bread, Mayo, sliced ham, grated red cheddar, and finely chopped onions. If all of the above are fresh it's very hard to beat. Plus, you can have it as a late lunch and still have enough of an appetite for an 8pm dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

i hav discovered a new greates sandwich that has to be shared with the world
    Ok, so you have to use granary bread, but this is it from the base up:
    Slice of toast, 2 slices of crispy parma ham, buffalo mozzarella(melted), onion, slice of bread, chopped tomato, leafy lettuce and topped off with another slice of toast.
    Mmmmmmmmm, beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Frequent

I just had to add to this thread because although many of my favourites are here, nobody has mentioned the ever-loved and much-fabled steak sandwich.

A crisp warm baguette slathered with mayo, lots of crisp bitter leaves, grilled onions and mushrooms and a nice sirloin steak cut into strips and topped (if you're me) with a little ketchup (sacrilicious!).

My oatcakes and cottage cheese for lunch ain't lookin' so hot right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hell yeah, if you are in the mood for a steak sandwich then nothing beats it. I'd put mine on a ciabatta though, with toms instead of mushrooms and some cheese. Damn I'm really hungry now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Tuna, cheddar cheese, sweetcorn, red onion & mayo

Chicken, stuffing, lettuce, sweetcorn, peppers & mayo

Ham, cheddar cheese, pineapple, tomato, onion & mayo (preferably toasted)

Cheddar cheese, corn, lettuce, tomato, peppers, onions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Thick, THICK white bread.
    Butter.
    Rasher fried to crispy, chopped up.
    Chicken, diced.
    Swiss Cheese.
    Ballymaloe Relish.
    Toast it.
    Eat.
    You feel good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,259 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Added a twist to the sandwich I've been having as a hangover cure for years over Christmas and feel like I have to share it. It's not healthy, it's messy to eat (grab some kitchen roll messy) and it's hardly haute cuisine but it's quick and DAMN tasty. As an added bonus, I've never had a hangover that one of these and a glass of cranberry and orange juice (50/50 mix) doesn't fix.

Take 2 thick slices of good white bread lightly toasted, add 2 rashers grilled to the point where they're cooked but still chewy, dice a tomato and a little onion and fry in a pan with a little olive oil for a couple of minutes, add this on top of the rasher, spoon on some mayonaise and top with a soft fried egg. Put the second piece of toast on top and tuck in!

Variations I've tried and liked include adding some mushroom to the tomato and onion, adding fresh basil and lightly smearing the toast with pesto.

I'm hungry now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

for those moments that you just couldnt be arsed with all the hassle

grab two slices of the finest white bread you can find

get one package of you loveliest most favouritist crips

add some butter and serve with a pint of ice cold bainne

cant bate taht ;)

Advertisement