Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the name of the American Broadband company thats on the radio

Options
  • 04-08-2006 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have Irish Broadband at the mo and was interested in the "american broadband" that seems to have ads on every radio station, but can't think of its name. I have looked on DCMNR but none of the ones listed there rings any bells. Can any of you guys help?

Don't have a phone line and don't want one, so a wireless type broadband similar to Irish Broadband is what i'mn after but ALOT faster than Irish Broadband!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Clearwire? They're American, and apparently have big plans.

www.clearwire.com is their US web site. Use .ie instead of .com for their Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Cheers! thanks for that...seems pretty good!!

actually is not so good! same speed as Irish broadband 512k and more expensive!!! agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cheers! thanks for that...seems pretty good!!

You'de think so, wouldn't ye?

IrishTLR wrote:
    You'de think so, wouldn't ye?

nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

actually is not so good! same speed as Irish broadband 512k and more expensive!!! agh!

20 Euro a month im paying, service is top notch. I use it between a couple of pcs; only problem i did have is that the wireless modem didnt arrive so they had a sales rep drop it out within 2 hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Also they block P2P ports so I hope that you aren't into file sharing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

ElNino wrote:
    Also they block P2P ports so I hope that you aren't into file sharing :(

Thats what good old http and ftp are there for my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm not sure about their marketing to be quite honest. "The American way" etc in the ads isn't going to sell stuff in Ireland in 2006. It might have worked in the 50s!

--- Could be a bad idea to tie your product to a particular country & its current foreign policy etc...

Advertisement