Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

• 04-08-2006 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hello

Was thinking about buying pursuit force for psp since it was 25 euro but Tekken: Dark Resurrection seems like it would suit the psp so much with the wideish screen and it is supposedly stunning. Has anyone bought it yet? I may buy it off www.videogamesplus.ca but can anyone tell me is it good? Or would I be better off with pursuit force.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Picked it up from Japan last week. Fantastic looking game, 60fps during fighting sequences and the rich colours are fabulous as well. One of the best, if not the best, games out for the system so far.

Except for one thing: the D-pad is terribly difficult to get accurate command moves correct. To me, it seems as if the PSP d-pad isnt fully 8 directional. The amount of times I've been left completely frustrated by moving forward instead of crouching and the like is rediculous at this stage.

Many people are resorting to 'modding' the pad by opening the PSP but I'm still trying to pick up one of the adaptors Namco released with early versions of the game that the user applied over the tradtional d-pad. Seems like they're sold out for the moment though.

Oh, and Tekken is also a game sharing release i.e. only one copy of the game is required for 2 psp owners to go head-to-head!

Worthwhile buy, has certainly rekindled my interest in the PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

thanks for that, yea i saw those adaptors, im pretty sure thy used to have em in lik sang but this might be of interest to you,

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=306&products_id=6861&

I cant really tell by the image though

edit: nevermind im pretty sure it acts as just as a protector by the look of the reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Both games are great! Word of warning about pursuit force though! apparently the european version is much harder that the US version. the US version came out a while after the european one and extra checkpoints were added to make it a bit easier for our american cousins!!;)

I only have the US version so I can't confirm this for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

ive had tekken for awhile now and i must say that it is one the most impressive games on the psp. its better than the ps2 which is very impressive.

fantastic game and the game sharing capability is a very nice touch. i think you can play 16 player tournaments but you would need at least 8 of the games if not 16! but i cant confirm any of that myself

Advertisement