Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chillout / Downtempo

• 04-08-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

A mate is going travelling and I've promised her I'd make her a cd of chillout stuff. I've not been keeping up to date recently so any recommendations of recently released chillout stuff?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

matthew herbert has some sophisticated tracks on his latest album that i would class as chillout to a certain extent.

zero 7's Garden album would be worth a look too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Any of the Cafe Del Mar albums come recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto the above.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

I recommend Mo Shic Essential Mix from 230203 quality downtempo stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Well, regarding tracks to include, a favourite chillout of mine is Solarstone's version of Centre of the Sun by Conjure One. The original tune is a downtempo/chillout track, but Solarstone's version is far better. Just my opinion. Others include most of the tracks on The Very Best Euphoric Chillout Mixes - Breakdown double album. But each CD plays as a straight through blend of the tracks, so copying individual tracks will not be done really (due to overlap, not ill-selection).

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Anything by Keane, Coldplay, Radiohead.... indeed any of the acoustic movement at the moment shouldn't upset her too much.
    ;-)
    Or you could buy any LP by Roger Eno, any Brian Eno LP that isn't a collaboration (just to be safe), any Harold Budd LP or you could be a bit "chill" mainstream and get her to buy the Bladedrunner OST by Vangelis which every home should have.
    I mean I could go on....
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Moby - God moving over the face of the water
    Push - strange world(chill out mix)
    Jose Amnesia - Enternal(sunrise mix)
    Massive Attack - right way to hold a spoon

There arent recent, but thought i would stick them up anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

recently released chillout stuff

I dont mean to be narky but I get a bit pissed off when people just look at the likes of Massive Attack and Air for chilled stuff. The original poster is looking for recent stuff, not "classic chill out" or late 90s Trip Hop.

The Chill out scene is still alive and well and moves along just as quickly as house, trance or whatever genre.

ga - heres a few ideas which I hope you check out:
    Her Space Holiday, Dntel, Psapp, Loveage, Anjali, Junior Boys, Robots In Disguise, m83, Bonobo, Quantic, Nouvelle Vague, Sebastien Tellier, My Morning Jacket [wordless chorus], The Greenhornes [There is an end], Vitalic, Magnet, Flunk, Cibelle, Sweetback, Feist, Electrelane, Jel, Mellow, CocoRosie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ga

Thanks all for your suggestions. Will investigate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Chemical Brothers - One Too Many Mornings

Quite possibly my favourite ever chilliout track! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

fanu samurai - next to the divine one i wake - lightless

it's in selecta now, on the flip of "for those who dream" which is a kind of arty chilled 96 era blue note kind of drum and bass track.

Advertisement