Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upholstery fabrics in Dublin or recommendations for online stores?

Options
  • 04-08-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I've been given a set of dining chairs as a housewarming gift. I like the chairs but not the seat covers so I'm going to reupholster them. I had a quick look in Arnotts and Hickeys but didn't like the fabrics in either. I was thinking maybe a cream faux suede might be neutral and suit the wood in teh chairs. Could anyone recommend a supplier? (sorry if I'm not supposed to ask for recommendations on theis board - mod, just direct me where I should be!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

We're covering our suite at the moment and the guy who's doing it has referred us to two shops to source the material - Upholstery Fabrics in Baldoyle and Zhivago in North Road Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Thanks for the reply. I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you looking to buy the fabric itself or you looking for someone to supply the fabric and cover the chairs aswell?

for fabric try interior image on aungier street in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

they're just dining chairs with squarish pads so I reckon it's a job I can handle myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Here's an online store that maybe some help. I have used them in the past and found them helpful. On some items you have minimum order quantities.

whaleys of bradford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

for top-end fabrics you could try KA on the top floor of the Jervis Centre in Dublin..

Advertisement