Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer - Christ Illusion (Merged Threads)

• 04-08-2006 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Christ Illusion is streaming in its entirety on http://www.myspace.com/slayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Listening now. :D Its pretty cool so far, Flesh storm is awesome. The catch however is that it isnt allowing me to skip through the tracks at will I have to listen to one after the other. Which isnt a big problem at ALL! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was just about to make this thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Excellent, I seem to remember they did something similar when GHUA came out.

After all the negative reviews, I've found it quite enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Anyone else notice the tracks seem to be mislabled? I'm fairly sure the track labled as Jihad is actually Eyes of the insane and the others seem wrong too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

i got it a week or so ago. It's fairly good, the more i listen to it the more i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

didnt think much of it on the first listen but is seriously growing on me, as is the way with new slayer albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

F**kin hell!!!!!!!!!! I haven't listened to Slayer since the Divine Intervention album. I've only listened to the first couple of tracks of the new on MySpace, and f**k me from a great height, it rocks like a motherf**ker!!!! Think I might be purchasing this one when it comes out......????!!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um, isn't it out?
    Was meant to go buy it but got sidetracked.

Oh s**t, yeah!!!!! :rolleyes: Must get me eyes tested......!!!!!??? It came out yesterday......

Hmm, I'll pick it up tomorrow.
    Hope it will be better than I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

strange for an album to come out on a wednesday it's normally friday isn't it?

I don't really know, it was meant to come out on the 6/6/06 but Tom Araya needed surgery, was that a friday?

Are you sure the cd is out???? According to Virgin Megastore's website, it isn't due for release until the 21st:confused: ........????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

if you are in DUblin, cd can be picked up in the Sound Cellar

Yip, it's out Mental Mickey , I know people that have it.

'Christ Illusion' is doing pretty well on the charts:

Germany: #2
    Finland: #2
    Canada: #3
    USA: #5
    Austria: #6
    Holland: #8
    Australia: #9
    Norway: #10

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56562

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

21st is for N. Ireland, & UK. They always release on a Monday.

Out here today! Got in Tower. They have all the back cat reissues out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

jmc wrote:
    Got in Tower. They have all the back cat reissues out as well.

Yeah i got it there too. I think its f**king deadly! Wasnt expecting it to be bad but this is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

As with pretty much everything Slayer have done for the last 10 years or more, some of it is pretty good, some of it is just Slayer by numbers. They seem to have lost a lot of the dynamics that made the Reign -> Abyss era so interesting. It's ok, nothing amazing. The new Deicide album looks down in it from a height IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Maybe this has already been discussed (apologies if it has!) but whats the initial verdict on the new one?
    My first impression isn't too great, I think its repetitive & nothing grabs me by the balls but hopefully this opinion will change once I give it a few more spins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I was in Sound Cellar on Tuesday and listened to the first 2 songs on the new Slayer album and felt like it was just a remix of Reign In Blood. same riffs and structure just different lyrics. on this note I will probably ot buy this album, does anyone have the album and have you listened to the whole thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

haven't listened to Slayer in yeeeears. Your post revives my interest... maybe I'll go get this. If it's as good as Reign In Blood it can't be a bad thing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

to quote a friend, it's "slayertastic"

as in, basic, heavy thrash riffage in their own formidable style. it's a slayer album, you shouldn't go into it expecting a revolution in music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gald to hear it.
    But does it realte in anyway to 'God Hates Us All'?

Advertisement