Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting back into diving [after 10 /15 years]Longish

• 04-08-2006 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hi all,first post on this foroum.
    Well, as the header said I am getting back into the wet again after doing a intro dive last week in the Med.I had given up diving in the 80s in Ireland due to life and career changes,and moving between continents,etc.I did get a few dives in but never really full time to justify equipment upgrades etc.Training was CMAS to club diver level,which I am changing to PADI as I found CMAS wasnt recognised all and everywhere.
    Soo now... This is the sit I have three bottles,a twin 72 and a single 72.[all steel]They are WELL out of test date,but are still holding their pressures,I need to get them hydrostatically tested.But I see a whole slew of EU regs are now in place to deal with testing them.Is it worth it for their age?And if so is there anyone in Munster doing the tests nowadays or is it still a lug up to Great Outdoors in Dublin??
    Who does Spirotechnique service in Ireland?I need to get my reg a 4010 serviced and octopussed if possible?It needs at minimum a line for the bouyency control jacket.[I was diving with an ABLJ last], a line for an extra mouth piece,and dry suit inflation,if I am going back to Irish diving conditions.
    Also what do you folks recommend for a bouyency jacket these days,and a good dry suit? Is Viking still in busisness,they were major £££ when I finished diving.
    Thanks in advance
    Clare gunner

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

In relation to getting the tanks tested (the term 72 is not a term I'm familiar with) Munster Dive Centre in Cork test tanks (they did a VIP on mine I believe they do Hydros also), anyway you can contact them on 021-4312510 or e-mail info@mdac.ie

The trip to Cork might be a bit more favourable than a trip to Dublin!

Hope this is of some help

Benny

P.S. I f you are serious about diving and are CMAS club diver why not join one of the clubs in Clare: Ennis, Kilkee & Burren details etc on;

http://www.irishunderwatercouncil.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Cheers Benny,
    I am not really into the "club scene" though anymore. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth when I did my training here all those years ago,when it was CMAS or nothing!
    The 72 was a reference to capacity by pressure,if I remember rightly.No doubt that is changed now to whatever metric system there is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i know what your 72 is, i was living and diving every weekend in the states until 6 months ago. To be honest you may as well bin it, it'w worth more than new tanks would cost to get them tested, and way too much hassle. i ended up selling all my tanks beforei came back for this reason

oops..sorry..just reread your post..when i saw 72 i presumed you bought them bacvk from america..but if they were manufactured in europe, but just before bar became the norm then they might be okay

Thanks Mossy
    I kind of figured it is going to be hassle.One of the tanks[single] is a US Scubapro and the others are ASFIK UK or Europe.Well,will ring after the weekend and see.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Sent you a Private Message, check it out.
    Don't wanna post private phone nos. on the board.

Seadeuce

• Advertisement

Thanks Seaduece,got it:D

Advertisement