Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No LLU Process Update From Comreg . LLU Bogged Down Totally As Usual !

Options
  • 04-08-2006 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Where is our monthly update on the LLU negotiations and process developments that we were promised in May then ????

From what I hear (this week) porting off to LLU operators such as Magnet and Smart is the same disaster its always been iwithin eircom with long outages and massive delays and no number portability in sight.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

still nothing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Sponge Bob wrote:
    still nothing !
    David McRedmond said in his answer to a Dail Committee question regarding LLU: "This will be resolved by 8 August and portability should not be an issue thereafter."
    Is that issue by now resolved at least to the point, that a satisfactory interim working solution is implemented?
    David spoke of 14,000 LLU lines in place, and lately in his RTE/Italy interview he spoke of 500 LLUs/week done currently. Does it mean that customers can keep their tel number and no time delay is experienced?
    BT Ireland CEO Danny McLoughlin is asked about LLU (and other things) here.
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

It seems the interim product is there, I wonder why they haven't announced this?

According to Comreg we should have a monthly 'progress' update "5 working days" after the end of the previous calendar month. Not that I believed a word from Comreg mind you :( You were supposed to keep your number if ported anytime this week ....or in future.

Seems like it's going to be next week now. Am sure they needed the extra time to buy the extra giant hands to pat themselves on the back at some big free booze event in a Dublin hotel.

IMG_2599.JPG

• Advertisement

Thats not patting is it , it looks like a big traditional Comreg surrender instead .

Only Comreg could define the real middle of a month as "Within 5 working days" of the end of the previous month but we all remember when they defined the Internet as Functional at 0k as well for 2 years .

What a completely useless pack of tossers :( Abolish them now I say yet again.

http://comreg.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=102412

Nothing there yet. Will it be hours, will it be days?

Anyone know when number portability occured in other countries? And automated number portability?

Heres my prediction!

No number portability beyond whats there now ...which is number portability Irish style.

No automated landline system like the mobile operators have

No automated LLU process , still manual in effect .

Line Rental will rise and by at least 10% .

rental charges on unbundled lines will rise in line with line rental

All by end october 2006 .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Heres my prediction!

No number portability beyond whats there now ...which is number portability Irish style.

No automated landline system like the mobile operators have

No automated LLU process , still manual in effect .

Line Rental will rise and by at least 10% .

rental charges on unbundled lines will rise in line with line rental

All by end october 2006 .

The power of prophecy is very becoming...

• Advertisement

Two swipes at BT! Pissed off because they walked out previously? No press release to go with the document. Champagne back into the fridge guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hacketry

Just read the ComReg report, and it's all very unclear to the layman.

Note:
    If you try and get a definition of GLUMP from www.urbandictionary.com it comes up with some interesting alternatives.:eek:

They're been thinking about SpongeBob's broadband on a stick idea which has a name like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

According to RTE you can now port and keep your number. Is that true?

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0815/comreg.html?rss
    RTE.ie wrote:
    Communications regulator ComReg says that during July there was progress on the issue of local loop unbundling (LLU), but that more needs to be done.

In its update on the ongoing industry talks, ComReg says consumers and businesses can now change telephone and internet provider without having to change their phone number.

ComReg says the 'GLUMP' product, which allows this number potability, was launched on 8 August and orders can now be placed for it.

Number portability is one of a number of key steps being taken by the telecoms industry, which are hoped to stimulate competition and demand in broadband in Ireland.

Local loop unbundling (LLU) is the process which allows alternative telecoms providers access to eircom's network and is a a critical component in ensuring that consumers are provided with a wide choice of innovative and competitively priced broadband services.

details Here

page 105 onwards for about 5 pages is what is agreed now.

and my BB on a stick is SCHLUP

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

skywalker wrote:
    According to RTE you can now port and keep your number. Is that true?

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0815/comreg.html?rss

I was interested in doing this, until I read that it appears to be number portability between fixed line operators only, i.e, portability between Eircom, Smart, BT, etc, basically operators involved in the LLU process.

I take this to mean portability to wireless or VoIP operators is not facilitated.

Am I correct in thinking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

gerryo wrote:
    I was interested in doing this, until I read that it appears to be number portability between fixed line operators only, i.e, portability between Eircom, Smart, BT, etc, basically operators involved in the LLU process.

I take this to mean portability to wireless or VoIP operators is not facilitated.

Yeah break down the name of the product: GLUMP

something (geographic) local unbundled metallic path

Or something along those lines anyway.

porting to VoIP has worked for ages ...at least to Blueface it has.....eventually .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Sponge Bob wrote:
    porting to VoIP has worked for ages ...at least to Blueface it has.....eventually .

I wouldn't exactly say it's "working". It took many months to get 2 numbers ported to Blueface.

Its what Comreg call "working" if the port works in under a year.

• Advertisement

gerryo wrote:

Personally its smart im interested in moving to, and the lack of number portability is the only reason Im not with them for over a year at this stage.

Anyone have an estimate of how long it should (or will) take?

ask Comreg how long it should take .

I got onto smart and they said the process has not been resolved yet?
    What gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

its just like waiting for the next Harry Potter book

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is at least number porting to Digiweb and NTL voip from eircom. Or at least a form you fill in to apply for it. Not just LLU.

You must be getting whole bill from eircom, no bundles, offers, or CPS etc.

Only Mobile to Mobile number porting seems to really work.

Advertisement