Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilcoole

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

Havn't posted on this thread in a while. Im fairly happy with this now. Speeds are sometimes slow - im sure they will pick up as soon as the testing is out of the way.

Its a hell of a lot better than my dialup was thats for sure so i can't really complain..

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Dmtiling wrote:
    Havn't posted on this thread in a while. Im fairly happy with this now. Speeds are sometimes slow - im sure they will pick up as soon as the testing is out of the way.

Its a hell of a lot better than my dialup was thats for sure so i can't really complain..

What part of kilcoole you in? im in Beachdale and i have an eircom line :S i know someone at the top of the town who has Eircom BB aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Blitz wrote:
    What part of kilcoole you in? im in Beachdale and i have an eircom line :S i know someone at the top of the town who has Eircom BB aswell...
    I know some people ib Beachdale have Eircom BB as does the industrial estate. When you say "the top of the town " do you mean Whitethorn or past it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Domhnall

I am living in the village and have just been informed by Eircom that despite the fact I had broadband for the last 6 months that my line is no longer suitable.
    So I see from the board that regional broadband appears to have been inconsistant in it delivery up until recently. Has it stabilised ? and where is the repeater in the village? maybe I do not have line of site!!!!!
    Cheers and thanks for any info.

Domhnall wrote:
    I am living in the village and have just been informed by Eircom that despite the fact I had broadband for the last 6 months that my line is no longer suitable.
    I have heard it all now!

Not sure how true it is but I have been told that the road work on the way into Kilcoole are for broadband! They are ripping up as far as the garage. Probably joining up to the network at the garage which runs down the main street.

I am still on ISDN - not sure which way to go yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

The Regional service has been very reliable and the service levels have been very good for over a month now. I think that it would be very unlikely that you would not have line of site to either of the two high sites or the repeater in the village. The repeater is quite near "the rock".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Domhnall

Thanks for the info re the repeater.Just some information i got from the Eircom Tech who came to assess my line. He told me that generally Broadband in the village was poor. The lines come from Newtown and Greystones.Greystones Numbers are worse off as the lines go all the way to Killincarraig and back to Kilcoole.When they put in the new Charlesland road they did not divert the cables. Some people are worse off ie: Bentley and Seaview as the cables go into the village and back out.
    All is not lost in the long Term if you want fixed line broadbaned.On the Kilcoole side of the new road roundabout some new houses and buildings are being constructed. Eircom will have a small new exchange in there. However this will probably not be up and running for maybe 1.5 - 2 years.
    Cheers

The exchange at the Bush Corner has been on the cards for a long time - has work actually started on it yet? I must take a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If it's a fiber cab you're not going to get broadband, and if it's a small exchange it will be far down eircom's list of priorities.

Didn't know Eircon had priorities!

• Advertisement

Eircom can now supply Broadband to the north of Kilcoole to those on the Greystones exchange. I have seen it in operation in Beechwood Park!

Advertisement