Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Sign Jeff Hardy

• 04-08-2006 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Just reported on PWInsider.com, WWE have re-signed Jeff Hardy. I'm sure a lot of people will love this. I don't. Hopefully Matt will get some sort of push again though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

and hopefully they will help smackdown because it needs it and also be in dublin for the shows!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

well if he's cleaned himself up then, i have no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Good to see. Now maybe Matt Hardy will be elevated above jobber status. Not that I'm a big fan of him, but it'll be good to see the Hardys doing something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Have to say, i'm pretty happy about this. Obviously they're gonna have the Hardyz reunite but to be honest id rather see him in ECW. He kinda suits the new direction in which they're goin'. I would say that he and CM Punk could have a good feud. They kinda look similar but Punk is 'Straight edge' and we all know about Jeff's past problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

i think the hardyz will reunite because the tag division is lookin pritty good on smackdown at the moment for example smackdown have a number of teams now like elijah burke & sylvester turkay, kc james and idol stevens, kendrik and london,the pitbulls and even the gemmni and now with the hardyz return id say thats a good division!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

wwe dont push tag teams like they did years ago. some of the best matches i remember are tag team matches. raw and smackdown must do something about this soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, I don't really see how they're goin to be able to push Matt and Jeff as a tag team. In a perfect world they'd push Matt on his own and team Jeff up with someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think they'll do that. WWE seems to be in a recycling stage. Bringing back DX, the fake Kane angle and I think the return of the Hardy Boys is just another example of it.

I was never in love with the Hardy like a lot of people seemed to be. But right now they have 3 brands with two of them badly lacking star power. I think the Hardy's could help in that sense.

Its not like they were doing anything useful with Matt except continously bury him anyway.

Remember this time last year when he was one of the most over guys in wrestling?

And then he came back. And then they buried him.

What I meant when I said I don't see how they can push them as a team, is that I don't know who they're going to feud with. There aren't enough tag teams built up to any degree

I'd watch them feud with London and Kendrik or the Spirit Squad every week.

The tag team division is bare on every brand. But if you can get 3 good teams working together with a few added extras you can build a tag divison again. Much like they did in the early 2000's with the Dudleys, Hardy's Edge and Christian who were the core of the divison.

You could have the same with the Hardys, Pitbulls (once their back) and London and Kendrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Does anybody now what show he is going to be on. Matt's on smackdown isn't he. (Sorry haven't watched Smackdown in 3 months:o ). I would be delighted to see him back and back to his old self. Any ideas how he will join matt if he does. Like come out and help him in a match or something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

how long before we should expect to see him?
    is he still finishing off a TNA contract or is he a free agent.

I wouldn't expect to see him back until Matt is back on tv. He's suspended for another 3 weeks I think. WWE say he's signed his contract, so he must be finished with TNA, although they still have his profile on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

I'd watch them feud with London and Kendrik or the Spirit Squad every week.

The tag team division is bare on every brand. But if you can get 3 good teams working together with a few added extras you can build a tag divison again. Much like they did in the early 2000's with the Dudleys, Hardy's Edge and Christian who were the core of the divison.

You could have the same with the Hardys, Pitbulls (once their back) and London and Kendrick.

fully agree would be class if spriit squad came 2 smackdown , would be great fued with hardy boyz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

id love the see the hardy boys back in action but i wouldnt be surprised to see jeff get stuck jobbing a go nowhere crusierweight devision just to keep him out of TNA's hands.
    lets not forget poor decisions on the wwe's part have seen loads of tag teams / factions ruined beyond repair ( anyone remember the nWo shawn micheals bit )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

id love the see the hardy boys back in action but i wouldnt be surprised to see jeff get stuck jobbing a go nowhere crusierweight devision just to keep him out of TNA's hands.

i'm waiting to see if Shannon Moore has that fate.

It's mad how WWE sign up superstars, some established or former employees yet have nothing for them to do. Jimmy Yang, Sonny Siaki, Chuck Pulumbo come straight to mind. Charlie Haas and Shannon Moore arent exactly making an impact either. Shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I am actually glad to see him back, and I hope he can stay clean .

i wouldnt be surprised to see jeff get stuck jobbing a go nowhere crusierweight devision just to keep him out of TNA's hands.

Ah, I doubt TNA are too bothered by it, they didn't use Jeff at all for the last 7 or 8 months of his contract

Is TNA on the T.V. have never seen it.
    In relation to jeff I am delighted and I am fairly sure he is getting back with matt, as I read an article somewhere that the 2 of them were talking to the reporter and were saying we have great chemistry together or along those lines. Just the whole interview sounded like they were gettting back together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

TNA is on the wrestling channel on sky digital. it's free and TNA airs one week later than the original broadcst. their ppv's are also shown.
    it is also on a couple of other channels (player and eurosport?), but they are weeks, if not months, behind.
    go get yourself a sky digital supscription and enjoy TNA.

• Advertisement

julep wrote:
    TNA is on the wrestling channel on sky digital. it's free and TNA airs one week later than the original broadcst.
    Yeah will have to, only have NTL so don't have the wrestling channel. Is TNA good or is just full of people who A(Not good enough to wrestle in wwe or B( past their best and on their way to retirement. Sorry if this offends anyone just intrested as I have never heard of it.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You don't need a sky subscription to get TWC. FACT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I hope he doisnt start destroying himself with injuries again...

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, I doubt TNA are too bothered by it, they didn't use Jeff at all for the last 7 or 8 months of his contract

Even so, he was one of their best merchandise sellers. And one of the more recognised names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sorry, I know this is slightly off topic, but did Jeff ever win the NWA Heavyweight Title in TNA?

If so, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if they gave him a run of the WWE Title on Raw or something to that effect.

I would be shocked if either Hardy ever gets a run with a top belt. If Matt was ever going to, it would have been this time last year.

I think as a top guy Jeff just does n't have it.

I do remember one amazing match Jeff had on Raw years ago though and when I saw it I stopped and thought maybe he could have it as a main guy. It was a ladder match against Taker for the Undisputed title. It was so 50:50 that some parts I thought Jeff might pull off the shock win.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Is TNA good or is just full of people who A(Not good enough to wrestle in wwe or B( past their best and on their way to retirement.

It's neither really. A lot of their guys are more than talented enough to wrestle in WWE, it's just that some of them aren't big enough for their liking. Size shouldn't really matter though. TNA's not perfect, but a lot closer to it than WWE is

Brow wrote:
    Even so, he was one of their best merchandise sellers. And one of the more recognised names.

Still, if they were concerned, surely they'd have stuck him on tv this year to try sell even more merchandise. They knew his contract would be expiring in July, and they obviously didn't think it worth their while to try make any money using him. Maybe a little silly from a financial point of view, but makes sense in other ways

Jeff never won the NWA title. Had some matches for it though

Fozzy wrote:
    It's neither really. A lot of their guys are more than talented enough to wrestle in WWE, it's just that some of them aren't big enough for their liking. Size shouldn't really matter though. TNA's not perfect, but a lot closer to it than WWE is
    Cheers Fozzy
    I remember Jeff had a very good run in wwf/wwe. He was battling top names and I remember he had a battle with HHH. Hopefully he gets back to that standered and that wwe don't punish him with rubbish stories just for leaving them. Either way as I said before I am glad to see him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Cheers Fozzy
    I remember Jeff had a very good run in wwf/wwe. He was battling top names and I remember he had a battle with HHH. Hopefully he gets back to that standered and that wwe don't punish him with rubbish stories just for leaving them. Either way as I said before I am glad to see him back.

I remember him beating HHH for the IC title a few years back,of course naturally he was squashed the following week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I doubt Jeff will ever be a main eventer. I haven't seen any of his TNA stuff but from what I've seen of him in WWE, he's muck on the mic. Real bad! Rarely is it that a WWE guy gets to the top based purely on ability. Exceptions that come to mind include Benoit and also Mysterio to a lesser extent because I suppose he has some charisma.
    Just thinking about it... Jeff and Mysterio could make a good make-shift tag team at some stage. Anyway, I don't see Jeff ever winning the title. I'll eat my hat if he does!

Just thinking about it... Jeff and Mysterio could make a good make-shift tag team at some stage. Anyway, I don't see Jeff ever winning the title. I'll eat my hat if he does!
    Yeah Rey and Jeff would be good. Ill hold you to that eat your hat thing. Come on Jeff.:D

I always found it funny that they called him "the charismatic enigma" in TNA. I never found him charismatic at all! Even his self-sung entrance music sounded like he did it while half asleep

If only Matt and Jeff got back together and they hired some big buxomed woman called Nancy Drew....think of the buyrates,people!!! :D

did you ever find his naming convention a little poncey: charismatic enigma, twist of fate, swanton bomb, whisper in the wind.

• Advertisement

And who can forget his original moniker Will O'The Wisp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Fozzy wrote:
    I always found it funny that they called him "the charismatic enigma" in TNA.

Not as bad as Matt's "Angelic Diablo" stunt he tried to pull after being fired last year

he's debuting next monday on raw so they must be keeping them seperate for a while

Advertisement